UMASS Boston - RN to BSN online - Stating in January 2012Register Today!
- by akire6279 Oct 24, '11Hi. I have been accepted into the UMASS Boston RN to BSN online program. I am slated to start in January 2012. Is anyone else strting with me? Is anyone else also in this program? What are your thoughts on it?
- Oct 25, '11 by muesliLike this program, mostly because the online format works perfect for me. It's a lot of writing, papers, and discussion postings. I'm in the third semester right now. It's doable especially if you're ok at writing papers.
- Nov 3, '11 by GatezRNI'm starting in January also! I'm really looking forward to it, but a bit nervous. Good luck!
- Dec 13, '11 by allisa07Im in the program now. I love it! I graduate June 2012. I work full time and have a 10 month old son. It is definitely doable! I would set 1 day a week aside to do all my work and that worked for me. Teachers were all very easy to talk to and to understand. You meet once a week in a virtual classroom. You wil have to buy a headset with microphone so that you are able to talk and communicate during class. The only course that had clinical hours was the community course. It wasnt that bad. Let me know if you have any questions.
- Jan 3, '12 by stefanitenziI'm starting in January too. Going to the orientation on 1/17. Do you know if we definitely have to purchase the headphones or if I can just use the same ones that I have for my iphone?
[QUOTE=akire6279;5785589]Hi. I have been accepted into the UMASS Boston RN to BSN online program. I am slated to start in January 2012. Is anyone else strting with me? Is anyone else also in this program? What are your thoughts on it?
- Jan 3, '12 by GatezRNDid you check out the Wiki page they sent out? It has all the info about textbooks and the headset. I think there is a Wimba IT number to call to check if your headset will work.
- Jan 3, '12 by allisa07I think you need a headset that has 2 inputs for your computer, 1 is the head set, the other is for the microphone. I dont know what the iphone has but if you call IT they should tell you.
- Jan 7, '12 by nina_RNhi all,
this is off topic from Op's question but does anyone know if umass boston offers evaluation of transfer credits before an application is filed?i know umass at amherst has something similar. i'd hate to pay fees for transcripts, application etc only to find less than desired # of credits will transfer.
Also, I had Nutrition & Pharm as individual courses in school. have you all had success w/ it being transferred or been asked to take challenge exams regardless.
- Jan 7, '12 by Ilovethe80sI'm excited to see others starting this program at the end of this month... I will be with you! Do all of you live in MA? I live in Florida, but I'm originally from Mass.
- Jan 16, '12 by GatezRNOrientation tomorrow!!! Everyone ready????