How long did it take you to get a job?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How long did it take you to get a job? in Massachusetts Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I graduated last May with an ADN and still can't find a job. I feel like I am the only one who has...by Luvsunflower Mar 13, '12I graduated last May with an ADN and still can't find a job. I feel like I am the only one who has not found a job in my graduating class. I have applied everywhere and am willing to take any shift or any job so I am not picky. I am starting to get discouraged and am second thinking going through all of the stress for nothing. Just wondering if its just me or if others are having the same problem.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=685334©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,217 Views
- Mar 13, '12 by watersamyIf you're in the Boston area, try apply to the Spaulding Rehab hospitals, they always have tons of openings (cambridge location mainly) and I hear they're very good at hiring new grads.
For me, I was fortunate to already be working as a CNA in a hospital when I graduated and they kept me on.
- Mar 14, '12 by KelRN215I graduated 5 years ago and had no difficulty finding a job. I am changing jobs now and had no difficulty finding a new job as an experienced RN. My facility hired new grads this year for the first time since 2008. And I heard from a night shift nursing supervisor that they are now only hiring new grads because of the budget... so basically because they can pay new grads sH*^ for pay. They only hire BSN new grads though. Most hospitals in Boston proper only hire BSN new grads so, if you haven't already, I would suggest applying to some of the community hospitals in the area or possibly look into private duty, rehab hospitals or nursing homes.
- Mar 14, '12 by NursingRocks1998Don't be discouraged...I graduated last March, got licensed in April, and did not start my job until November. I had to relocate, and its a small hospital...but its Med-Surg and its everything I wanted. I could have had a job sooner, but I refused to work LTC after I tried it for 5 days...(no training, a zillion patients, wasn't willing to risk my new license). I love my job now...hang in there, expand your search, get reference letters from old instructors, and keep trying! Good luck!
- Mar 14, '12 by sbostonRNI also graduated in June and started my first RN job in June soon after I passed the NCLEX. I did not find my job through a posting - I found the facility (a LTC/SNF) through a Google search of the best facilities in my area, and sent my resume directly to the DON. I got an interview later that week. From the hundreds of jobs I applied to with online applications, I only got two call-backs, so it was only when I tried something new that I got the job. Keep your head up and don't give up - your perfect job is out there!
- Mar 14, '12 by mama.RNFamily Lives in Westboro, MA. Pediatric Home Health Agency. They hire new nurses for less complex cases. Decent reputation from what I can tell.