Curry Accel BSN- April 1st deadline
- 0Jan 15, '12 by weluv3Hello!! I am looking heavily into applying for Curry's accel program. Is there anyone out there that has attended the program or is applying this year for the April 1st deadline?
Thanks, I am out of state so can't attend an info session.
- 10,135 Visits
- 0Jan 20, '12 by weluv3CNG12,
Are there any nice family oriented towns near the campus? I looked at Milton homes, and they are a bit pricey for what you get. Actually I'm looking for rental homes if I were to apply and be accepted as I'd be relocating there from CA.
Any info on the area in general?
- 1Jan 21, '12 by CNG12hmmmm... milton is def. a pricey city to live in. so curry is on the border of milton and dorchester. milton is a really nice area, and so is curry's campus.
if you have a car, i would suggest looking at: quincy, braintree, randoph, dedham which are some of the cities near milton. there is also public transportation in some of these cities as well
hope this helps
- 1Jan 31, '12 by Mapie22I am applying this year as well. I applied last year but didn't get in. Hopefully 2012 will be a better year than 2011!
I live in Stoughton, which is only about 10 minutes from Milton. Both Stoughton and Canton (town between Stoughton and Canton) are family-oriented, and both have commuter rail stations, as well as easy access to highways. Canton is probably pricier than Stoughton, but both should be more affordable than Milton. I would definitely consider looking at these towns. (I grew up in Stoughton and I'm now raising my own family in Stoughton, so I'm probably a little biased. But I do think it's a great town, as is Canton.)
- 0Mar 5, '12 by weluv3Did they mention in the info session what average GPA's were? My undergrad cum was barely a 3.0 but I've done very well (all A's and B's) since getting my BA and my overall is about a 3.4...for last 30 semester units.
I just don't want to waste another set of transcripts.....ugh. I'm currently taking stats and chem and then I'm done.
- 0Mar 9, '12 by Mapie22Someone provided a very nice summary of their recent Information Session here: http://allnurses.com/ma-nursing-prog...ml#post6143934 GPAs are mentioned in this post.
- 0Mar 30, '12 by ucf_studentnurse14Hi, I'm new to this site, and I just applied to Curry College Accel BSN for the January 2013 start. Has anyone else applied? What are your stats? I have a Bachelor's in journalism from University of Florida, graduated with a 3.23 undergrad GPA, I have all A's and one B+ (in stats) in the prereq classes that I have done, and I'm finishing up Anatomy II this semester and still have to take Microbiology. I have 4 years of work experience and have some healthcare volunteer experience (currently a patient care volunteer at a hospital). I think my essay was pretty good, I had some writer friends critique it. What do you think my chances are? I'm so anxious to hear back! Good luck to everyone who's applying!!!