anyone from middlesex community college rn program
- 0May 29, '09 by Erindel RNHi, I am new to this forum and I am wondering if anyone has graduated from mcc in lowell the 2 year rn program. Also if anyone is in the middle of the program or applying for it. I am applying for 2010 evening program. I completed my prereqs already. Didn't know if anyone had any thoughts bout it. Also what is a good bsn program to follow through with. Please reply with any thoughts or comments. Thanks. Erin
- 0Nov 24, '09 by ErinLee14Not sure if you still check this since it was posted in May, but I just typed MCC in here to see if there were any posts.. I am currently taking my last non-nursing class there(mircobiology.) I got accepted in March and am pretty sure I am starting in Fall2010 ( I was I was this Jan. but the waitlist is out of control.. over a year now..).. have you herd back on the evening program yet?.. I know that UMass Lowell has a good program for BSN after you get your RN through MCC..
anyone else from Middlesex?
- 0Nov 24, '09 by Erindel RNGlad someone responded finally... have not heard yet but I know classes are thurs evening and fri evening and every sat. From 7 to 130. I hope we get in. How was micro? That is the only class left I need. I think they only accept 36 students per class. I can't wait I have been waitin for this for a while now.... do u live in lowell? I used too, my family still lives there. Do u know anyone else trying to get in next fall?
- 0Nov 24, '09 by ErinLee14Im actually a day student, I applied for the day program but its the same program just differnt day/hours... I hope we get in also, when did you application just put in as complete?...I dont live in Lowell, I live in Burlington.. I am enrolled in Mico at the Bedford campus, but did do a semester in Lowell & knonw all the nursing classes are in Lowell.. Mirco isn't too bad.. my prof. is good.. his name is Kevan Murphy. Its hard a lot of infomation , but its pretty interesting. I just CANT WAIT to start nursing classes/clinical!!! .. I have meet a lot of people in my classes who are trying to get in, its such a long process but so worth it. They said they will send the letters out in JAN for Fall2010 so hopefully !!!!
- 0Nov 25, '09 by Erindel RNIts ok to reply to two of my posts, I answered u back in both of them...lol. I put my application in march 2009. Did u do well on the cpt algebra test? It was the part with 12 questions. I stink in algebra but I did well on the math for nurses test. I wish I could do days but I need to work so I opted for the evening weekend schedule. There are not a lot of programs out there with an evening schedule. What kind of nurse do u want to be? I want to work in the operating room and the pacu. I have worked as a registered medical assistant for the last 3 years so I have some experience. I also worked in the emergency room at lgh and I loved that job too. I am sooo ready to learn and study and go to clinicals... I have wanted to be a nurse for a long long time. Its nice to find someone else trying to get into the same program.
- 0Thats awesome, I bet you have a really strong chance for Fall2010 also (since our applications were complete same month) .. I wonder if the waitlist is longer so the day or night or the same? & if they accept the same amount of students per semester ? hmmmm..... I passes the nurses test but thought some parts were a little hard.. im not the best math student but bought a nur math book from the bookstore (which I should prob. look over more) .. I am not sure what kind of nurse I want to be yet, that is why I am excited for clinical.. right now I am interested in EVERYTHING. I just want to learn and experience everything. I volunteer in an ER right now, and I like it a lot... That is awesome that you so much exerience!!!!! That will def. help you with finding a job after and clinical!! All the RNS I have spoken too said if you can work as a CNA. All your classmates in clinical are going to be coming to you for help!! Yes, It is good to meet someone else so enthusiastic about nursing school & nursing in general who goes to the same school!!
- 0Nov 25, '09 by Erindel RNi was wondering if they have already accepted people who were waitlisted from last year and did not get accepted for this fall 2009. they would obviously be accepted before us. i do know they are still accepting apps for the evening program 2010, but the day program is not accepting anymore. did you take statistics? i took the math connections class they had before they switched it to statistics. are u planning on continuing your education at all? eventually i want to get my masters degree and become an advanced practice nurse and a CRNA. i am in love with the idea of working in the OR. i wish we could have a sample syllabus of the first semester class to see what we are in for. well i hope you have a nice thanksgiving.....
- 0Those people will start Jan2009 , I am assuming. I wish I was starting then. Guess we will just have to wait till Jan. to know for sure about Fall2010 but we can hope! .. Same w . me I took math connections also. Im nervous about that though, I think most of the math will be stats. That is awesome you have such great goals. My goal right now is to become a RN. After that I am sure I will set more goals. I love to learn & would love to someday become a NP or nurse manger etc.. but I can't wait to be an RN!!!! Fundamentals of Nursing LAb & clinical is the first class I know that.. You can look in the Spring sesmter class booklet thats out about the Nur classes. Happy Thanksgiving!
- 0Nov 26, '09 by Erindel RNHi, I saw the class descriptions in the catalog. I wish we could talk to someone who is finishing up the first semester right now. I wonder what the clinical uniforms look like. I know the clinical sites used to be in bedford and concord, don't know if there still the same. I am just excited I guess!