any ER tech in massachusetts??Register Today!
- by aznbaby Apr 25, '10hi i currently have my CNA license and im really interested in working as an ER tech while applying to nursing school..i was wondering if there are any er tech in massachusetts??
would i be able to work as an er tech with just my cna or would i have to go for extra training? im still in high school and i live in fall river mass
i would like to know the requirement for becoming an er tech in mass
- Apr 25, '10 by Silverdragon102Moved to the MA state forum
- Apr 27, '10 by NeoPediRNI was an ER tech before becoming a nurse. I just had my fundamentals course in nursing done but you can be one with your CNA certification. You usually have to be at least 18 though.
- Apr 27, '10 by aznbabyso in massachusetts i can be one with just my cna? do i need phleb or ekg?
- Apr 27, '10 by juliewooQuote from aznbabyDepending on where you're hired, you may not need phlebotomy or EKG training before you start. I just got a job as a nursing assistant and the hospital where I was hired includes phlebotomy and EKG training as part of orientation.so in massachusetts i can be one with just my cna? do i need phleb or ekg?
- Apr 28, '10 by aznbabyoh so u got hired as a cna and they teach u phleb and ekg also? may i ask wat hospital it is?
- Apr 29, '10 by April, RNIt seems as though most hospitals teach the techs in all units to do EKG and phlebotomy so they would teach you those things if you were working in the ED. If there are positions available, you are likely qualified. Check out the hospitals job postings online and see if they have any CNA/PCA/tech positions in the ER to apply to.
- May 23, '10 by 2bARMARNCRNATry looking at Morton Hospital. It may take a while to get in but they'll teach you the phleb and EKG during orientation. A CNA is typically the only prereq. along with some experience. You'll be drawing a lot of blood and working with EKG's all day if you get a job as a tech. It's not called ER TECH though, it's MA - Medical Assistant. ( only in the ER)...The nurse's and doctor's are great...always willing to teach those who are in Nursing school.
- Jun 6, '10 by aznbabyim a senior in high school right now and i just got my CNA thats why i was wondering if i can work as an ER tech, but i heard its so hard to work at a hospital without experience, plus im plannin gon going to nursing school also
- Jun 6, '10 by aznbabythanks everyone ill look into it