UMSON Spring 2013 - page 14
by eodenwal 54,253 Views | 269 Comments
Hey! Anyone planning on applying to UMSON for Spring of '13?... Read More
- 0Nov 4, '12 by queseraseraTo everyone who was accepted, may I ask what your gpa was, what you were worried about on your application, what do you think stood out in your statement of goals and objectives, what your teas score was and HOW FREAKING EXCITED ARE YOU THAT YOU GOT IN?! Congrats to everyone. I'll be applying for spring 2014 and I can't wait to go to one of the BEST nursing schools in the country!
- 1Nov 4, '12 by celinaconejoChelsea,Most people will probably not give that info because Maryland really looks at the whole individual. GPAs of accepted people that I know, myself included range from 3.2 to 4.0. I was most worried about the teas, but I felt my essay was the deciding factor. They read hundreds so its great advice to remember to individualize yourself from others. Don't be afraid to sound humble and make your flaws work for you. Good luck (:
- 2Nov 5, '12 by niqu92Quote from Chelsea13compared to most my GPA &TEAS are horrid- 3.29 and a 79 on the TEASTo everyone who was accepted, may I ask what your gpa was, what you were worried about on your application, what do you think stood out in your statement of goals and objectives, what your teas score was and HOW FREAKING EXCITED ARE YOU THAT YOU GOT IN?! Congrats to everyone. I'll be applying for spring 2014 and I can't wait to go to one of the BEST nursing schools in the country!
i think what made me stand out is the fact that ive been volunteering in hospitals around atlanta since i was in 11th grade, and last year i spent my whole summer volunteering at 2 hospitals in haiti so i wrote about my experience. I think the admissions staff could tell nursing is what i really wanted to do and i didnt write the whole cliche "i want to help people" in my essay. I listed my short term goal (BSN) and my long term goal (MPH-focus on epidemiology). i also had very good recommendations.
I'm not the best academically but i work my butt off 24/7 and i have a strong passion for this profession. I am BEYOND excited that i got in one ot the best programs in the country....it's seriously surreal. My 20th bday was a couple days ago so this was the best gift i could ever ask for lol
- 0Nov 5, '12 by Grey LadyQuote from niqu92I don't know where they are with the phone calls. If you did not put in a phone number on your application you will not be getting a call - you will get a letter instead. Keep in mind they just started all this on Friday. Hang in there!@Grey Lady
i decided to just go ahead and go for it i cant bring myself to risk the opportunity of attending such an awesome nursing program. i have a question though,i havent recieved a call or any mail so should i be recieving tht sometime this week?
- 0Nov 5, '12 by UMD20Quote from Grey LadyHello Grey Lady. I called earlier today and I learned that I had mistakenly chosen Shady Grove instead of Baltimore. I am very upset because I looked over my application over and over again to make sure everything is correct. I do not have anything against Shady Grove but I simply cannot get to the campus. It'll be a three hour ride using the bus/metro. If I were to get a car it'll be an hour drive. I don't know what I'm going to do. I am so devastated I can't believe this is happening to me.We do not arbitrarily change the campus which the student indicated they wanted to attend. Please call the admissions office tomorrow. I am sure you will be fine.