The "Why don't you go to Med School" Question - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 31, '12 by Amigo_of_NightingaleI could not agree more! This issue exists because of the sexism that is alive and well in our society.
- Mar 31, '12 by malestunurseQuote from MN-NurseHaha when I told my GP that I was going to university to study nursing she got really excited. She is an awesome doc and person though.My latest response to "Why didn't you go to med school?" is now:
"Why didn't you?"
Even, especially, if the interrogator is an MD.
- Mar 31, '12 by caliotter3Quote from ImThatGuyInclude getting me accepted to a medical school to this short list. Since I've never been able to achieve what I wanted to achieve as a nurse, might as well have gone into medicine.If someone would support me in giving me the standard of living I have now and would pay for not only going to finish the undergraduate prerequisites but also pay for going to medical school then absolutely I'd do it and go. Heck, I'd rather be a doctor.
- Apr 22, '12 by ImKosherI've decided to look at my life in stages. I get that question a lot. I'm sure it's because of my stereotype "Asian" but a lot of people still ask why I don't go to Med School. I'm tired of people thinking school is only valid beofre your 30. I'm going to Nursing school to become a travel Nurse. I plan to traavel for 5 or more years to save money. This is all I know. I believe we need to pursue education throughout our life. So later I do plan to go back to school, but Nursing is mine to own now.
- Apr 28, '12 by Aaron58I got the same crap! Everyone said "your so smart, why waste it on nursing"? Are you kidding?! You have to be intelligent and hard working if you think your going to be a nurse! That's why 70 out of 240 complete the program at my school! I'm a proud nursing student!
- Apr 28, '12 by kosmic2003Ha! That question always arises for me since people view nursing as a profesion for "women" only.
- Apr 28, '12 by LabrynthJust ask them why they are not a doctor. Unless they are.