When someone mocks you for being a nurse - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 17 by prep8611Had a lot of friends make fun of me and they became cops, they are now in nursing school after not getting a job.... Im a neurosurgical icu nurse engaged to another hot nurse with our own house. I have life by the balls and its all because when I was in seventh grade thats what I wanted to do. I wish nothing but the best for you, roll it off.
- Jan 17 by nursingstudent_2014I would ignore them, there are a lot of male nurses around who are just as amazing in their work than any other person. I once had a student in my class who complained about the same thing to a clinical nurse instructor and the instructor commented saying that when it comes to people who mock you for being a nurse just because you are a guy then there are two things to remember, 1. you will most likely get paid more than them and 02. a nurse saves people's lives everyday! Definitely keep moving forward. (plus being a male nurse definitely interest the ladies more )
- Feb 4 by vballtrumpeterkeep on rollin'!
- Feb 4 by mariebaileyThis is part of it. Some belittle us, but they need us. Have you seen the movie Girl Interrupted? She calls the nurse played by Whoopi Goldberg a "lowly little nurse maid", but that character is her source of strength throughout the movie.
- Feb 19 by blackvans1234Do this:
Take a good look at them (up and down, then up and down again) and say, "Yep, you look like the type that comes into the ER who 'fell' onto that large bottle"
- Feb 19 by strings85I worked as a CNA for a while. Took a better paying job though until I can finish school. Anyway, the way I handled people mocking me was usually just to ignore it. Most of it was just not even worth getting in to an argument about it.
There was one time, however, that I was going to give a male patient a bed bath, and his son called me an effing ******.
- Feb 19 by strings85Crap didnt meant to hit send... Anyway, he basically said i was gay for doing that. I walked over, handed him the sponge and said be my guest. Dont miss the nooks and crannys. Lol i probably could have handled it better, but I just needed to distance myself from that guy before I karate chopped his aorta.
But my best advice would be to just develop a thicker skin and brush it off. Most of the time it isnt even worth your breath to say something.
- Feb 19 by ♪♫ in my ♥Look 'em straight in the eye and say, "non-exempt at $50/hr and a defined-benefit pension." If they're not an idiot, that will shut them up.
- Feb 19 by eatmysoxRNJealousy is an evil monster. Kill them with kindness.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~