Hey everyone. My name is Joel; I'm 18 years old and a recent high school graduate. I recently took the TEAS V test; I got a 76% on the reading part; 86% on the math part; 54% on the science part; 83% on the English part; and scored 74% national. I didn't study for the test, which I should have, but I took it anyways and did better than I thought I would -considering I never took A&P and took chemistry and biology 9th
grade. I applied to the nursing school I wanted and got accepted. (WHOA!) Now that I'm accepted, I have a few questions to ask.
1. I have my lips pierced (snake bites), my ears stretched to ½ inch, and a 2nd
hole piercing on one of my ears. I can easily take off the 2nd
hole piercing and remove my snake bites during class but I guess my question is, should I take out my earrings and let my ears close? Do you think my professors will care that my ears are stretched?
2. I have two part-time jobs - I'm an accountant and development intern at a non-profit organization (going on 2 years) and I'm also a computer lab assistant. Will it be possible to go to nursing school full time, do well in school, and keep both my part-time jobs? (Of course I'll leave them if it ever becomes too much)
3. There's a high possibility that I'll be the youngest and maybe only male nursing student in my main nursing classes. Any advice?
4. Two of the classes I have to take next semester are A&P I and Pharmacology. Is there anything I can/should do in order to prepare myself for these classes? Any books/flash cards you recommend?
5. STUDY TIPS PLEASE!!!!! (I'm a visual/auditory learner)