Poll: As a male in Nursing school, my goal/desire is to work in this area.... - Page 7Register Today!
- Oct 26, '08 by jetfuelI voted "Other". Cardiology is my goal.
- Oct 28, '08 by TheFuture09Males in the nursing field is wonderful! Go for it.
- Nov 1, '08 by pinesbearHaving spent 15yrs practicing at 60mph and on the other side of the guardrail, it's time that I started doing my best work indoors, not having to carry my pt down 3 flights of narrow stairs! I'm halfway through LPN(June'09), so I'll be grabbing a 2nd or 3rd shift ER spot(hopefully) to get me through a BSN program.
- Nov 21, '08 by MikeMRNI must be blind, but I didn't see Surgical/OR Nurse... or is it similar to one of the options?
- Nov 22, '08 by wilco83Psych for me! After 3 years in mental health case management, I've decided Psychiatric ARNP is the way to go.
On that note, anybody have any feelings about AACN's decision to send NP's back for their DNP by 2015? I was ready to go the distance in a master's program, but a doctorate? Not so sure now...
- Nov 28, '08 by stevebhattii love to work in emergency becoz males are more likely to do hard jobs.
- Nov 29, '08 by so alive LPNQuote from Annointed_RNStudentAs a male agency nurse, I find that I'm more than likely to be cancelled if the unit i'm to work on has ANYTHING to do with OB. its quite strange. If not cancelled, its a whole other situation, where other nurses are pulled to accommodate me. hmm.....OB-Labor and Delivery Especially! We as guys need to break into this specialty!
- Dec 2, '08 by JohnRichardsRNSince I was a Paramedic for 8 years....I have decided not to do ED....but at present my goal is to become a CRNA so OR is really where I shall fall
- Dec 18, '08 by cjscountryWe are all a bunch of adrenaline junkies according to this pole!!
- Dec 19, '08 by JohnRichardsRNI agree with MikeRN2B....I wish to be a CRNA....which is also not listed but is OR/SURG nursing