Ages of male nursing students? - Page 50Register Today!
- May 19, '12 by AlaskaHopefulStarted pre-reqs at 29. Hopefully I will be done with it all by 33. Second career for me, Ive been in carpentry for 13 years
- May 20, '12 by sooner7ncI'll hopefully start my program in Jan. and will be 42 when it begins. Late start I know but I plan on living to be 120 and working till I'm 95 so I should have a good long career
- May 20, '12 by SSStillHey guys, this was in the NY Times today about men going into nursing.
- May 20, '12 by onemoJust turned 43 will start program in August.
- May 20, '12 by Jsquared31 just finished LPN, bridging to RN in August!
- May 21, '12 by GradiusFinished my last RN prereqs this semester. Just applied to my first school with a hope to start January 2013. I will be 31 upon start.
- May 22, '12 by RShieldsSN14Well, I just turned 23 this past Friday. Starting Nursing School Fall 2012
- May 24, '12 by cazmanQuote from Stearnsy36 here. Just starting out. Went to school to be an auto mechanic right out of high school. But have been in the medical field now for about 10 years and could not think of a better field to be in.Of the 23 other students comprising the group that I entered nursing school with, three of them are men. The class that is graduating at the end of next week I believe has 1 male student, and as far as I know the class immediately behind mine has 1 as well. This is about 60 students (some classes have had students drop), with 6 of them being males; that's only 1 in 10.
So we know that male nurses are few and far between, but how old are we?
The 1 student in the class graduating next week is 28.
The 1 student in the class that entered the semester after mine is at least 30 (a second career-er I believe).
Of the 4 in my class, 2 are about 45, 1 is 40, and then there is me...21.
How old are you guys? How old when you started school?
Just curious. :spin:
- May 24, '12 by cazman36 here. Just starting out. Went to school to be an auto mechanic right out of high school. But have been in the medical field now for about 10 years and could not think of a better field to be in.
- May 24, '12 by craig29642I started nursing school when I was 57. Just found yesterday that I passed the NCLEX! I'll be 60 in September.