Still walking around in shock....now that I'm a graduate nurse! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 1, '09 by cindy13065Congrats on your graduation and the new baby. I graduated May 9th and will take the NCLEX on June 10th. I can not honestly say I have had much time to develop shock with all the hospital orientation, study groups and NCLEX reveiws. But I am very much looking forward to returning to the working world.
- Jun 2, '09 by MystCheliCongratulations, make up for the two years you devoted to school and all the sacrifizes that came with it. Have fun get enough rest because you will have another battle to give in July, hope everything goes well and ends soon. Good luck on your boards!!
- Jun 8, '09 by star.crushI can only imagine its a great feeling that it is finally over. I just went to my friend's graduation in May , and she got her Masters in Social work . I pictured myself graduating at my friend's graduation. I know its a good feeling. Congrats !Last edit by star.crush on Jun 8, '09 : Reason: misspelling
- Jun 22, '09 by Lovely_RNIt's official I am no longer a graduate nurse. I took the boards on Thu 6/18, got my quick results on Sat, and today I checked the BON and my license number is up! So I've changed my name from Bx_RN2b to Bronx_Rn because that is what I am now! :wink2:
The journey has been unreal. 11 years ago during this very month I had just finished my CNA training and no one would hire me because I had no experience. I was so desperate for a job that I applied to KFC but even they wouldn't have me! I finally found an CNA agency job for $8.25/hr 90 minutes away from my house via two buses. I traveled 3 hours round trip by bus to work 3 12 hour shifts a week and then I started college that fall.
I originally majored in nursing but I broke up with the father of my first child (he became jealous) and things fell apart for me. He stalked and harassed me constantly, as a result my grades went down. I didn't have a chance and I had to change my major. I changed course after that graduated with my B.A. started teaching (hated it) and went on from there to the private sector. After a few more years in jobs that I hated I decided to try nursing again, got my LPN last January, and finally 11 years later here I am an RN!
All praises to God for bringing me this far and yes I have to say this too: To all the people who thought I was just a teen mom who was never going to be anything but a statistic how ya like me now!!!!
Thanks for the well wishes and support allnurses!!!
- Jun 25, '09 by NYSNOWBUNNY007awwww bronx_RN....you deserve it..i was moved by your first post...i just finished my third semester one more to go in august til end of october( im in an accel program) I loved what you said about the "half way house" it made me laugh so hard!!..lol..i know EXACTLY what you mean about having "time" and feeling lazy and wierd..i feel that way now..even though my last semester doesnt start til august...graduation is in november this year (keeping fingers crossed)...all in all congrats hunny...you earned it...and god is ALWAYS by our side...its amazing once you reach your goal how you look back and remember all the blood sweat and tears you put in isnt it?...that just makes us appreciate everything that much more...congrats and take care...XoXo:heartbeat