- 0I failed clinicals. Backround info.. first week f for subjective data. Pt was intubated.. no vocalization. Asked pt about pain no nods or shaking head. Wrote the word down didnt respond. How can she fail me for that?
I have avoident personality.. and I did get the ok to dispute the grade.. the thing is I beleive this woman is antisocial same with course instuctor. I feel that they both planned my failure. I had a meeting with both.. I didnt have a say. I just froze and agreed with it. She lied big time. I did end up documenting it. To dispute a grade I would have to talk to her or possibly other instructor.. problem is clinical I was supposed to have another group but the other group told me she left. Shes not at the school anymore. Of course trying to save her butt. Truth is I dont know what happened. I dont know if.my avoident personality can do anything anymore. I dread the thought of even going back to nursing school. So any advice with this will help greatly
- 1,081 Visits
- 3Jul 11 by mrsboots87I mean no offense, but honestly I'm not sure what exactly you are saying as you post is kind of all over the place. What I got was you were failed in clinicals for subjective data, but the description of the even had nothing to do with subjective data. Then something about a lying instructor and appealing but having to talk to her but she's gone? I don't know, maybe a more clear description of what happened will help you get a more helpful resoonse.
- 0At the meeting with program manager, course coordinator, and her she lied. I documented it. Next thing I hear is shes not doing clinicals with the next group of students she was assigned to. She left the school. Why she did is currently unknown to me. Should I dispute my grade or not is question.
- 5Jul 11 by duskyjewelIt's always some grand conspiracy against the poor downtrodden nursing student. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never in my life thought I was important enough for any group of people expend enough effort to mount a conspiracy against me.
Are there unscrupulous people out there who lie and manipulate and screw other people? Sure, so I guess this student could be right.
barachi, maybe the problem was that you stopped with just saying the patient didn't respond and didn't document anything else you did to assess pain. A real nurse can't just document that a nonverbal patient didn't respond to questioning and then go no further. S/he needs to assess for pain in other ways and document that.
You're going to have to stop using "avoidant personality" as an excuse not to do things you need to do, and for lack of success. Is this an actual diagnosis? If not, how did you determine that you have an avoidant personality? If you seem to have anxiety about certain situations or expectations of the job or in life, my best advice to you is to find a good behavioral therapist who can teach you strategies for short-circuiting that and living effectively in spite of it.
- 0No I never had to write anything. Or anyting at all the guy was intubated that was it. She knew he couldnt give me any subjective data so why did she fail me on the paper were it says subjective data exellent, good, fair, fail. How the hell do ypu get a fail for that! Or just stuff like assessments? She also failed me one week for not being focused enough after a full head to toe. Who fails for that?
- 0Jul 11 by SionainnRNIf you don't do a complete head to toe of course you'll fail that section. I'm also having a really hard time following and understanding your posts. I don't know if this is an example of how your write in school, but if it is then I can see that causing some issues.
What you need to do is take a good hard look at your work and see where you can improve. Blaming your faults on everyone but you won't get you far. Ask your instructors how to do things you're unsure of. That's the only way to learn.
- 4Jul 12 by crossfitnurseQuote from barachiA lot of people fail for not doing a full head to toe. Also - if suggest no more responses to this thread. By the last post it seems like they are useless.No I never had to write anything. Or anyting at all the guy was intubated that was it. She knew he couldnt give me any subjective data so why did she fail me on the paper were it says subjective data exellent, good, fair, fail. How the hell do ypu get a fail for that! Or just stuff like assessments? She also failed me one week for not being focused enough after a full head to toe. Who fails for that?
And by the writing they also seem useless.
If you did really fail due to that then that's just it, you failed. If the patient couldn't speak why did you ask about pain? Did you not get that in report? Oh well. Try again.
Nurses with all types of personalities exist. I wish people would quit using introvert/quiet/avoidant/shy/etc as excuses. If you want to be a nurse, then time to grow up and learn to talk to people.