Malpractice Insurance

  1. Where can I get malpractice insurance in California? Do you have to be employed in order to buy the insurance? I'm a new nurse, not yet employed, but would like to have that extra insurance to protect myself but I am unsure of where to get it and if its even possible to get it without having a job. Please help shine some light.
  2. Visit imaLvn2 profile page

    About imaLvn2

    Joined: Feb '13; Posts: 45; Likes: 28


  3. by   CYoungLPN I just purchased some when I found out I got the job I applied for...but there are a few threads about this floating around allnurses so try doin a search & I think u can purchase it unemployed but research the NSO site
  4. by   TheCommuter
    You do not need to be currently employed before purchasing your own liability insurance policy. There are two major companies that offer it:

    Nurses Service Organization (NSO): Professional Liability Insurance for nurses, nursing medical malpractice.

    Proliability: - Professional Liability Insurance

    In addition, many nurses who own their homes have purchased professional liability insurance as a rider on their homeowner's insurance policies.
  5. by   ctbui
    Will they covered me if I have more than one jobs? Because they only asked about your primary job. I want to be covered for my fulltime job and my prn job. Thanks
  6. by   imaLvn2
    Thank you! I will look into those.