License renewal emergency...help!!Register Today!
- by denista Aug 13, '12My license expiration date is July 31, 2012. I mailed in the renewal form with a check in early July. I then discovered you can renew online, so a couple days after mailing in the check, I paid online instead and put a stop payment on the check to avoid getting charged twice.
Less than a week later, I checked the website and my license was renewed with an expiration date of July 31, 2014. Phew...ok done.
Today I received a letter saying my license was now expired because of the stop payment I made on the check HOWEVER I have proof that the fee was debited from my checking account on July 13, 2012. That doesn't really matter because according to the website MY LICENSE HAS EXPIRED!!! I CANNOT get ahold of the California Board of LVN...impossible over the phone. I have emailed them as well but I cannot wait for a response. Ugh, I should have just let them double charge me!!
What do I do??? Please help!!! Thank you so much!
- Aug 14, '12 by chareIt is likely that the lettern you received was printed automatically when your che k wa declined. Can you verify your license on line? If not, you are going to need to contact your state's board od nursing to clarify this. I'm sorry that this happened to you, and good luck with the situation.
- Aug 14, '12 by TheCommuterPersonally, I would take a day off to drive up to Sacramento and clear this matter up in person. Since the BVNPT staff seldom picks up the phone, I would show them (in person) proof that your license renewal fees are paid in full. Good luck, and I hope you achieve the desired outcome soon!
- Aug 14, '12 by ctnurse84I would also go there if no luck by phone. I'm sure since you have proof of payment it will be all set. Your license is renewed for 2 yrs at a time?! Lucky I have to do it annually.
- Aug 14, '12 by denistaUnfortunately I live 500 miles from Sacramento
- Aug 20, '12 by NyteshiftLVNMy license expired the same day but I sent in my payment in June. They told me in school to make sure there's a minimum of a 3 month cushion when dealing with the BVNPT, as they will not hurry in anything. June was the earliest I could get payment together though. Hope you get some resolve soon!