Shreveport/Bossier area hiring criteriaRegister Today!
- by kevinadd1 Jun 4I'm just wondering if anyone has any information concerning whether or not hospitals in the area are hiring people with an associate's in nursing, or are a lot of people with a 2 year degree still unemployed around here. Does anyone know if there is somewhere where I can find concrete information on hiring stats in the area? I'm asking so that I can plan accordingly and see if only BSN's are being hired. Thank you for any and all input.
- Jun 6 by cassie77775I've heard they prefer Bsn over ADN however 2 people in my graduating class(ADN) have accepted positions recently and my sister has been offered a position there as well(she didn't accept it though). I don't know the stats though.
- Jun 6 by kevinadd1What school did you go to, just out of curiosity?
- Jun 7 by mwc1230They hire ADN but one hospital just announced its closing so right now I'm sure those being let go will get the jobs at the other hospitals.
I graduated in December with ADN and everyone has jobs in Shreveport/Bossier at many diff hospitals.
- Jun 7 by kevinadd1You're saying everyone in your graduating class is already employed? If so, that's awesome. What school did you graduate from?
- Jun 7 by mwc1230Everyone that looked for a job. I only know of a few that aren't and that's bc they haven't applied or haven't found what they want.
- Jun 7 by cassie77775I am from Louisiana Tech All but a few of our graduating class has jobs already, we graduated in May.