LSU BSN Fall 2012 applicants - Page 21Register Today!
- Jun 15, '12 by BrittanyJOh thanks for the update!! I have my advising session on the 29th!!
- Jun 18, '12 by phoebeheartsFor anyone who already went: How long did the advising session take and what was covered?
- Jun 19, '12 by amber92292It lasted until about 3:30...it was very long and pretty boring, they just discussed general stuff, parking, housing, and were supposed to talk about financial aid but the person didn't show up. There was an hour long lunch break (which I used to go to the bookstore and subway) and the last things we did were pre-advising and id pictures.
- Jun 24, '12 by funnywintergalQuote from LatrandradhillsI think that I can honestly say that no one had more anticipation than I did..lol. I tell you, my story as a whole is a testimony. I can tell it over and over again. I was actually denied admission on last year, and I never gave up, incresed my classes, and received my acceptance letter dated for March 29. I am so exited and at a lost for words!! God is AMAZING!! I encourage you all to continue to fight until you have reached your goal!!
CONGRATS! I'm worried about being denied for Spring 2013. I have 3.25 pre-reqs and about a 3.1 overall GPA. I'm worried about doing bad on the HESI. Do you think I still stand a chance of getting in?
- Jun 29, '12 by stellanoellaLike a needle in the haystack .... if anyone found a red folder during orientation PLEASE let me know, message me. Possibly lost in the badge area, library, or bookstore. Thank you!!
- Jun 30, '12 by phoebeheartsHas anyone received any loan information? The financial aid office told me we would be notified by email but I still haven't received anything. I don't go to advising until July.
Does anyone that already went to advising know any information? Thanks!
- Jun 30, '12 by pearleypearleyHI guys,
I'm currently interested in applying for the Spring 2013 bsn program I have a 3.5 pre-req gpa and a composite score of 71% on the HESI... Im on the fence about retaking the HESI can someone that has been through the application process give me some insight on what to do????
- Jul 25, '12 by stellanoellaHas everyone heard back from financial aid? I keep checking the self service site and it doesn't say I have anything pending, only a bill. Go figure. Hoping I am not the only one. I really wanted to walk into this program with my books in hand and a plan for bills, rent, and such. Crossing my fingers that I hear something really soon.
- Jul 26, '12 by rebecca9341First off, welcome to LSU! Unfortunately, fin aid is only one of the things you will have to be patient with. I've generally never had a problem with my funds being distributed before the start of school. The self services is new at school, as a matter of fact, we haven't received any emails about it being up and running so it may not be updated by every department. I am still waiting for my aid notification letter (and fee bill) for the upcoming semester too, so it's not just you...just be patient. Hope I helped a little.
- Jul 30, '12 by plaqueminesgirlCongrats to those of you who have been accepted for Fall 2012. I'm currently a Senior II at LSU Health and will be graduating in December. If you have any specific questions about the program feel free to ask. The program is very challenging, but as long as you put in the time and effort, you all will be just fine. I'm a single mom of a 7 year-old and a three year-old. If I can do it, you all can too. Good luck!! If I can help any of you in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.
Welcome to the Family!!
@Rebecca9341 I recommend that you go to academicselfservice.lsuhsc.edu. I didn't receive a fee bill or award letter either, but when I went to the self service menu both were there. You can accept your awards online to save you a trip going in to the financial aid office.