Loan buyback/ starting payRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Loan buyback/ starting pay in Louisiana Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I've seen several threads about different hospitals' loan buy backs and starting pay. I'm sure I'm...by snickersBRaccel Aug 16, '08I've seen several threads about different hospitals' loan buy backs and starting pay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know who's paying what, and who will give us money for our loans. I'm particularly interested in NO and BR hospitals... let's discuss!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=326250©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,286 Views
- Aug 19, '08 by MichelleRNCOchsner New Orleans has RN loan reimbursement up to $300/month.:wink2:
- Aug 19, '08 by MichelleRNCOchsner starting pay for new grads $22.50, $3/hr evenings, $5/hr nights $5/hr weekends.
- Aug 20, '08 by snickersBRaccelthanks for the info!
- Aug 27, '08 by dsoginerJust got hired at West Jeff. #22.75 base, $4.00 for nights, $5.00 weekends, and they have a loan reimbursement program that even pays back for pre-reqs at up to $400.00 mth.
- Sep 9, '08 by shawn_ICU-RN-BSNNorth Oaks starts at $21.50 with benefits, $27.50 without benefits. $3.00 diff for ICU, $1.50 diff for step down. Other diffs are $3/$4/$5 for e/n/w.
Loan payment program is $5000/yr (GROSS), which means for each you of a contract you sign, you net about $3500.00. I signed a three year contract upon graduating, and I received a check for a little over $10K.
If you have any other questions, let me know.
- Sep 15, '08 by southlandrnSo if my loan balance is $5000, and my monthly note is $200...does the hosp. pay the $200/month? or do they pay the max of say $400 (or whatever that hosp offers) until the loan is paid off? Just curious.
- Sep 15, '08 by shawn_ICU-RN-BSNYou can sign a 1 or 2 year contract at North Oaks (it would fall somewhere around 18 months or so). You are given a contract amount that will pay off your entire student loan balance, but there is a difference between gross and net. For instance, with a 1 year contract, it is a $5k gross payment, but you net about $3450. They take taxes out like it is a big bonus. Sucks, but it is free money, and it is better than nothing.
- Sep 16, '08 by dsoginerWest Jeff wants to see your loans and will pay UP TO $400.00.
- Oct 1, '08 by strengthcouragewisdmTouro pays back $300/month and East Jeff pays $400/month on student loans. No contracts involved. I would also check hospitals in BR for the same type programs.Last edit by strengthcouragewisdm on Oct 1, '08 : Reason: spelling