CHARITY SON Spring 2013 - page 20
I just submitted my application to Charity School of Nursing for the Spring 2013 semester. The deadline is May 15, 2012. Has anyone else out there applied for this semester?... Read More
- 0Nov 29, '12 by marchmadnessand just to make sure, we register on lola and not blackboard right?? I want to make sure I'm good to go
because I dont have a blackboard id or password and I've read so many horror stories on these forums. lol
Also, anybody know someone from fall 2012 thats finishing basics??? if so share some do's and do not or what to expect??
- 0Dec 3, '12 by KristenNolaI got accepted to LSU and will be calling Charity soon to give up my placement. I chose LSU because in the end it's a BSN program and I heard there were some hospitals that would only accept BSN degrees. However, there is a bridge program that you can do. I just want to get it done and over with. Plus, I wanna further my education to get a masters so that is ultimately why I chose LSU. I toured both schools and both were great facilities. Either school is a great choice.
- 0@kristennola a lot of people say that about hospitals not accepting ASN but I know a few ppl that have their ASN and have jobs in the hospital ... But I honestly want to experience Charity because of the hands on experience they offer. i want to have an all around experience with actually working in the hospital not just learning the theory of the hospital . i plan to Go to LSu to further my education with my BSN / MSN
- 0Dec 3, '12 by KristenNolaI think LSU has the same amount of clinical hands on experience. Charity is a 2 year program and starts their clinicals right away. LSU is a 3 year program and starts their clinicals 2nd semester, so in the end they both have the same amount of hands on experience. Sorry if I made your decision harder.
- 0@kristennola lol you totally did ...my mind is more towards charity because I would have the opportunity to work as a RN after I finish and still get my BSN in a year which would ultimately equal three yrs... I think I need to just stop worrying myself and go for it ... I want to experience both schools so that's why I'm having a hard time deciding. I guess I just answered my question in so many words .
- 0Dec 4, '12 by KristenNolaYes, I considered the same option you were. I was planning on attending Charity but really my only push to choose LSU was the cadaver lab. Some people think that's weird but I think it would be interesting. But I was in the same boat, I was like the bridge program is still three years I may as well start working sooner. It sounds like you would be happier with Charity to start working sooner.
- 0Dec 5, '12 by heather0208I chose charity because it was the fastest way for me to begin working as an RN and would take the same amount of time if I were to have chosen LSU. I fully plan on getting my BSN after graduation ASAP! Side note, I know of someone who got her ADN from Charity and after working at a local hospital for a certain period of time, they have agreed to pay her way for LSU's bridge program to BSN