Has anyone taken Vickie Milazzo's Certified Legal Nurse Consultant Course?Register Today!
- by ANNSY54 Sep 18, '12Has anyone taken Vickie's course and what was the outcome? I need to do something on the days I don't work. I was thinking about this.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=786397©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,549 Views
- Sep 19, '12 by lindarnVickie's programs are VERY OVERPRICED!! There are cheaper ways to become an LNC.
You don't need to take a course to do legal nurse work. You are reading medical records for attorneys and opining if the standard of care was or was not met. You know how to read medical records, you know what is supposed to go on in a hospital. You can do medical research to support your opinions.
The AALNC, the ONLY officially, recognized, national organization of Legal Nurse Consultants, offers an on line program, that you can take in modules, and spread out the cost of the program, which is still FAR CHEAPER, than the VM program.
There are state Legal Nurse organizations that you can join, and learn from experienced LNCs. They have regular seminars, that, once again, will not cost you your first born child to attend. The PACNW LNC chapter, is having a seminar next month, that costs $120.00 to attend.
The national organization of LNCs, AALNC, has books and pamphlets that they sell in an on ine book store, including the bible of LNC work, "LNC Principles and Practice". That book has all of the information that you will need to learn about being a Legal Nurse Consultant, It costs abou $110.00. There are alot of materials in their on line bookstore about starting an LNC business, business practices for and LNc ,etc. Check out their web site, and the class that they offer. You will not be dissapointed.
JMHO and my NY $0.02.
Lindarn, RN, BSN, CCRN
Somewhere in the PACNW
- Sep 19, '12 by ANNSY54Thank you so much. I will look into ALL the options you have presented.-----Ann
- Dec 3, '12 by nurse_angelusThere is an older thread on this site that discusses Vicki M. and her program . Read the comments before you even think about her program!
- Dec 4, '12 by txspadequeenRNI want to make a comment . I bought the LNC book principles and practice the other day at Half price book store for $15 bucks.....however, it was the second edition and not the third......big deal still has all the information in it and will give me a head start if I choose this as a avenue. So check out your local discount book store .
- Dec 10, '12 by tennurse13Quote from ANNSY54I got screwed with this too. I got laid off took my savings went to Las Vegas and now NO work.Has anyone taken Vickie's course and what was the outcome? I need to do something on the days I don't work. I was thinking about this.
- Dec 12, '12 by Havin' A Party!You owe to yourself to do a search here and check out all the posts on VM before going forward with her class.