Galen Louisville KY admissionsRegister Today!
- by mommyo5 Jul 29, '09Hello everyone,
I just got my CPAt results and I scored a 172 and I took my test on July 23. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they think it's possible that I may have a shot at getting in for the October LPN program. I heard that it depends on how high your score is for when you get in. I am just so anxious to get started and would appreciate anyones comments.
- Amberlandram1, Congratulations on passing the CPAT!! You should have been told when you tested whether or not the October class had any slots available. It's not so much how high your score is, it's mainly how many people have tested and passed before you that want to get in the October class. The acceptance letters will be sent out probably around the second week in August. Good luck on getting in for October. Even if you don't get in for October, you did pass and you will get in for January
- I asked several times and I was only told that they haven't even got a list yet whatever that means. Also, I know I was one of the last people to sit for the Cpat as they are going to start administering a different entrance exam so I'm not sure that will make a difference. Thanks for the encouragement and although I would rather start in October, January isn't that far away.
- No problem. You should be fine though. I know when I took the test, they let us know that if we were applying for the April (day LPN) class, it was full. They only had evening or you could wait for the July(which I started Monday!!!). And others stated they were told during testing. They probably are a little behind with the new campus opening this week. They are trying to work the kinks out. But, I would think you are going to get in Keep me posted on what you find out.
- I will certainly keep you posted. Wow, that's so exciting that you have started already! How has it been so far and if you don't mind me asking, were you able to get loans to cover the entire tuition. I'm hoping to get loans for the full amount. I'm sorry for all the questions as I'm sure you are very busy with your new class schedule. It's so awesome to be able to talk a Galen student. Thanks a lot for the replies!
- It's not a problem. I was just like you. Me and a few others. The Galen thread with over 300 posts is one that was started by a fellow classmates. You will find a lot of helpful information there.
It is has been really exciting. It is definitely fast paced. Clinical orientation started this week(you wear your white uniform) and go to the clinical site. The instructors are very nice and helpful. So far I don't see much homework being given, but there is a WHOLE lot of reading!! As long as you stay up on your reading and pay attention in class, you will do fine.
- Thanks so much for the posts and good luck with everything. Hopefully I run into you in October. Thanks again