LPN BoardsRegister Today!
- by openseas Apr 23, '08So, for those of you who have taken the IA LPN boards recently....just how tough was it? Anything in particular I and others should know that could ease the process and help in passing it? Any input would be appreciated.
- Apr 24, '08 by carluvscatsI took LPN boards last July. I did my studying out of the NCLEX-PN Review book by Saunders. I worked through the whole book over the course of 6 or so weeks, doing some questions almost every day.
I felt horrible coming out of the test; it cut me off at the minimum number of questions (75 or 85, I can't remember). A couple days of sitting on pins and needles, and then the joy of finding out I passed!
Now I have to study for the RN NCLEX..... :uhoh21:
Just carve out some regular time to study and you should be fine. Getting a good night's sleep and going in with a positive attitude (don't doubt yourself, you probably know more than you think you do!) will help tremendously.
Best of luck to you!
- Apr 25, '08 by S.N. VisitBest of luck to both of you! Each NCLEX test is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get!
- May 3, '08 by midcomSo Openseas, (By the way, I figured out who you were right away!)
I suspect that you are very close to taking your test now, if you haven't already. I have no doubt that you will pass it the first time. My gosh, I always thought that there were times when you could teach the teachers. Knowing you, I predict 85 questions and test lasting about 1.25 hours, passing with flying colors.
Please let us know when you find out.
By the way, Tammy & Emily are taking theirs on Tuesday in DM.
- May 4, '08 by openseasDix,
Hey stranger!! Thanks for the kind words. I take the test on Weds the 7th...so on the 9th I should have the results. I will keep you posted. So what are you doing these days? I'm actually working (after being "retired" for the past 2 year) and LOVING it. As soon as I pass boards the DON will orient me on the nursing side, nice little raise there too. To prep I have been doing the Davis NCLEX review tests on CD as well as the online Kaplan review and averging in the mid 80's for both. I miss you and the crew. It was strange to finish with a bunch of people I didn't really know. And of course I really miss a particular certian someone that we both know...and wonder every day if I will ever "get over" that. Someday.....
- May 11, '08 by openseasTook the boards on Wednesday, the test stopped at 85, panicked for two days then found out Friday that I passed. Whew!
- Sep 16, '10 by khalil1976Encouraging words from these people.