Iowa Hospitals!Register Today!
- by purple_rose_3 Dec 13, '05Hello fellow nurses!
I'm an LPN right now, but I graduate in May with my RN. I'm looking forward to moving out of my parents house (I'm 20 lol) and move up North. I was looking towards Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, or the general surrounding area. I don't want to move to far away, but far enough haha. Anywayz, I was just wandering if anyone would be willing to share a little bit about the hospital they work at and the salary. Thanks a lot nurses!
- 4,087 Views
- Dec 15, '05 by HarleygirlHi purple rose
I have been working LTC in Iowa for the past 10 years and just recently started working at my local hospital in southern Iowa in the psychiatric unit and floating to med surg.
I started at 18.00/hr. I have been an RN for 1 1/2 years and and LPN before that for 7 years. I am not sure what new grads start at, I really think that it depends on where you start, but you may start at a certain rate of pay and it increases after you are trained and on your own.
Congratulations on your accomplishments! Hang in there, you are almost there!!
- Apr 30, '06 by JelaRNI work at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. I started out at $21.00/hr for day shift, since I mostly work nights though I make $24.00/hr. Not bad for a new grad. Plus UHIC is one of the best hospitals in the United States. Great place to work.
- May 4, '06 by Kristi Leewhat school are oyu graduationg form purple rose?
- May 4, '06 by purple_rose_3Southeastern Community College in West Burlington
- May 27, '06 by banditrnPurple rose - I got my ADN from there!! Iowa City would be a good place to work - steer clear of the hospital in WB right now - they'll eat you up!
- Dec 31, '11 by LeolaI recently started at Genesis Health in Davenport and so far I love it. Everyone so far is very encouraging and helpful. I plan to continue my education and was looking to get a well rounded experiance and skills to better promote my ability to continue in school and see where my interests are. I am part of the float pool and work on 7 different units, which is perfect for what I am wanting currently. I just got my RN license in August 2011 and working 3rd shift making $22/hr. Genesis are Magnet accredited hospitals. It took me about 3 months to get hired but I am finding it is worth the wait. The hiring and orientation process is great.