Cedar Rapids?Register Today!
- by ERRNTraveler Jun 28, '07Hello, I am a travel nurse looking at an assignment in the ER at Mercy Hospital in Cedar Rapids, IA. Anyone have any info on this facility? How is it to work at, friendly staff, etc???
- 1,787 Views
- Jun 29, '07 by NeosynephRNHi there!! I am an RN in the ICU at Mercy...I am still on orientation, but I have worked for the hospital for a while. I did clinicals, for my EMT-B in the ER here, and I have to say that everyone was really nice to me when I was there. I just talked to a nurse, that floated up the other night that works down there, she said they are loosing quite a few people, not because they did not like it, but like 2 got married and moved away...and a couple others also moved out of state, and one or two went back to school. I know they usually stay pretty busy, they have the reg ER and they also have the fast track. I am not sure if this helped, but if you have anyother ? feel free to ask.
- Jun 29, '07 by ERRNTravelerThanks! I haven't taken an assignment there or anything yet, just looking around for my next assignment. I'll keep you posted!
- Jul 1, '07 by island40I worked at MMC for 3 years in their dialysis unit. The staff there are very pro MMC. The only other hospital for 50 miles is 2 blocks away so there is a lot of competition and comparison. If you can deal with the 'small town' mentality of the mid-west MMC is a good place to work. They have remodeled most of the hospital within the past 2 years and equipment, space and facilities are top-notch.
- Jul 4, '07 by ERRNTravelerSo.... I accepted my next assignment at Mercy Hospital in Cedar Rapids, in the ER. I start on July 30th. If anyone else has any feedback on this hospital, I'd love to hear it! :spin:
- Sep 3, '07 by rodggangHey,
I was just curious at how things are going in Cedar Rapids? I am doing a contract in south central Iowa and was wondering how things are in the ER in Cedar Rapids?
- Sep 3, '07 by ERRNTravelerSo far so good- no complaints yet. The ER staff is all very friendly & easy to work with- I would recommend this assignment to other travelers...