What jobs to apply abroad when you're a graduate nurse?Register Today!
- by nursegela Sep 22, '12Recently, most of us including me is facing a sad dilemma about not even having a chance to take an NCLEX due to some issues.
Do you know any other job aside from being a NURSE in the U.S. we could apply to?
What are the jobs that fits our credentials? Can we apply as a Patient care tech? or Phlebotomist?
Thanks in advance.
- Sep 24, '12 by steppybayThe closest thing would be a CNA and you can take a test for the certificate. As with any jobs in the States, just as long as you have a SSN to work, you're good to go.
- Sep 24, '12 by nursegelaBut i'm here in the philippines and obviously i don't have an SSN. Can i take the CNA certification here?
- Sep 24, '12 by Silverdragon102No, I believe each state will have their own requirements. Not sure how you are planning on living in the US then CNA will not meet immigration requirements unless you are the spouse of main applicant or a child meeting family application
- Sep 24, '12 by steppybayQuote from nursegelaOne question most of the job applications ask: "Are you legally able to work in the USA?"But i'm here in the philippines and obviously i don't have an SSN. Can i take the CNA certification here?
CNA certification exams are done by taking courses in the States, but still need a SSN, maybe not to take the test, but to find a job.
Not sure, if you're GC holder or have a immigrant visa will be suffice?Last edit by steppybay on Sep 24, '12 : Reason: ++ info