Hi Everyone! SO, I recently graduated from the University of Toronto with my Honours Bachelor of Science and after a long thought process and some hands on experience, I finally knew that I wanted to become a nurse. I applied to several accelerated BSN programs in Canada and the United States. I got into the University of Rochester AND the University of Calgary - AND I don't know where to go? I've listed facts about both programs and I am hoping to get some of your opinions on WHERE I should go. Thank you!
University of Calgary
- 28 month program for transfer students
- Canadian school (I'm a Canadian Citizen)
- eligible to write the CRNE in Alberta OR Ontario (I'm a resident of Ontario)
- open's doors to jobs in Alberta and Ontario
- $17,000 tuition
University of Rochester
- 12 month program for degree holders
- American school (Student VISA)
- eligible to write the NCLEX
- may be difficult to find a job as a new graduate that is CANADIAN?
- most likely won't be able to write the CRNE since the program is half of what most accelerated BSN programs are in Canada
- $56,000 tuition
I feel that going to UofC will be the safer route and will provide me with a higher chance of scoring a job after I've received my license! What do you guys think?