Quebec ImmigrationRegister Today!
- by ratheshr Nov 9, '11Dear All,
I am Ratheesh from Kuwait ,
We are planning to do the Quebec PR Program, but we have some clarification about that ..
1. My Wife has done BSC Nursing from AIIMS and 7 Years Experience, Suppose we are planing to do the Quebec Immigration program,, After we reach in Quebec , working as a Registered Nurse, we have to do any Professional Licence Exams Like Canadian RN , or any french language Exams ...
Before do the Quebec Immigration , I want know about that.... Because some Immigration Agences told , you can work there and no need write any exams ...
If any one known Quebec Nurses Immigration process , Kindly please let me know
- Nov 9, '11 by JustBeachyNurseI can tell you with 100% certainty that proficiency in written and spoken French is a requirement to work in Quebec. French is the official language of the province of Quebec and there is a standardized language exam that must be passed in order to practice. A quick search of the international nursing forums should give you some more information. Canada also has a national nursing examination (just like the US has the NCLEX, Canada has the CRNE) Have you tried searching on the Quebec immigration website for specific information? Unless you are specifically advised by an official from the Quebec provincial government or immigration, I would not believe anything that a paid agency is telling you. It makes no sense that an international nurse does not need to pass the CRNE nor a French language exam to practice nursing in Quebec. How would you communicate with the staff, patients, and physicians if you do not speak or comprehend French? See here: http://allnurses.com/international-n...am-581397.html and here: http://allnurses.com/international-n...am-607467.html and here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...ions/Nurse.pdf Regarding the French language requirements: see post #36 here from JanRN moderator: http://allnurses.com/international-n...397-page4.html Physicians and nurses have lost their jobs/license for failing the French language exam requirement
- Nov 9, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum
If not fluent in French when sitting the Quebec nursing exam your wife will be expected to sit the French language exam within a certain period (I think 3 years) and pass to be able to continue working in Quebec.
As mentioned there are several threads discussing Quebec so suggest a good read
- Nov 9, '11 by loriangel14What they have told you id wrong.She would have to pass the exam for nursing licensure and a language exam.