Hi! welcome to the wonderful world of Nursing! I am a new grad myself.( batch 2005, Octoberian). You know I have a lot of second courses friends in my class last year. here are few tips for you:
1. Study hard, but make sure you have time to enjoy other activities.
2. Study ahead of time, specially if you knew you are weak in certain subjects.
3. Make friends with your fellow second courses:-) they're are good people to hang out with since they have the same goal like yours ( to graduate).
4. Be nice to your non-second courses classmates, I knew this because I used to be so intimidated by them( second coursers, that is). because they think/act they know everything!
5.Ask your clinical instructors, lecturers for help if you need one, I find them very helpful all the time, and they like it when you ask questions.
6.Be friends with smart responsible people in your class, always, because you do not want to be stuck with lazy, passive type students.
7. Search for internet libraries, theyre a good source of information.
8.Pick a good textbooks, one textbook is not enough.
9.challenge yourself when you study. if you come across something new to you, read about it.
10. Familiarize--dont memorize, hahaha! it always work for me!
that's all I can say, Goodluck!