Filipino Nurses in Norway
- 0Dec 4, '12 by nurse_pogiHi guys can anyone help me or give me idea about applying as auxiliary nurse in Norway ?? I heard that you need to learn Norsk for you to be able to work as auxiliary nurse. Waht are the requirements , advantages and disadvantages of applying in this program
- 3,709 Views
- 1Dec 5, '12 by Fiona59Quote from nurse_pogiHi guys can anyone help me or give me idea about applying as auxiliary nurse in Norway ?? I heard that you need to learn Norsk for you to be able to work as auxiliary nurse. Waht are the requirements , advantages and disadvantages of applying in this program
Let's see you move to a culture and climate radically different from your own.
You need to become proficient in a language that is very different. You will be working with sick or elderly patients and their families. People want a high level of understanding and fluency in these situations.
Cost. The old thread made it very clear that it's expensive.
Factor in an entire new wardrobe to deal with winter.
It's not cheap, it's not easy.
Norway is a beautiful country but it's not for everybody.
- 0Dec 5, '12 by nurse_pogiohh thank you for that information.. really help me deciding if i should go or not..because right now I'm planning to go abroad and look for a change and opportunity of course. But the thing is like what you've said there will be a big culture differences, and for course i need to adjust and adapt that they have especially the language barrier. huh!! I'll just pray for the right wisdom and guidance tnx
- 0Apr 1, '13 by marienainahi,
i would like to ask some questions. i'm a filipino registered nurse and living in italy for 5 years now. and i recently got my italian nurse license, and i've been in job hunting for months now. i haven't got any nursing job experience for the last 5 years, and my only job experience is being a nurse assistant in a home care facility in milan. looking for a nursing job in italy is very hard right now and job offers are very minimal even in other provinces. i was thinking of looking for a job abroad like norway, or uk and other parts of the globe.
would it be wise to leave italy and look for a job abroad eventhough i haven't got any nursing job experience? i really wanted to leave and try my luck somewhere.
i started looking for job abroad using the european job mobility portal (eures) and i have been receiving job inquiry from different recruitment agency throughout europe.
does going to norway would benefit me? i heard that they got language exams, how difficult it is? does nurses in norway are well compensated? do i have any chance at all to be working in norway?
- 0Apr 20, '13 by XavierAllareyhi @marienaina, i'm also a filipino registered nurse, i just arrived here in italy last november 2012, i just want to ask the process and requirements on how can i get an italian nursing license. i just don't know where to start. I went to philippine consulate in milan but they can't give me any information. hope you can help me. here's my email address: [email protected]