LVN-BSN at ISU in California Issues and Updates - page 4
by misspinkmeow 15,159 Views | 52 Comments
LVN-BSN Online at ISU shutting down...Is this true? Does anyone know?... Read More
- 0Oct 3, '12 by paris13Well, that is encouraging to hear that. I sent my demand letter a few days ago to Headquarters as instructed by a supervisor. I am waiting to hear if they would do the same in my case. If not, I would have to file a complaint with Indiana State Attorney General, California Attorney General and file a small claim if I don't get back the full amount. The fact that there is no more LVN to BSN program offered by ISU/SSU/TCN Partnership in CA, means I can't be admitted to it, which falls directly under their refund Policy stated if you don't get admitted to Nursing Program, TCN would refund you 100%.
- 0Oct 4, '12 by thunderstruck1397Quote from paris13Where did you read this? My contract didn't say anything about a refund. And I'm sending my demand letter today. Can you share what you stated in yours?Well, that is encouraging to hear that. I sent my demand letter a few days ago to Headquarters as instructed by a supervisor. I am waiting to hear if they would do the same in my case. If not, I would have to file a complaint with Indiana State Attorney General, California Attorney General and file a small claim if I don't get back the full amount. The fact that there is no more LVN to BSN program offered by ISU/SSU/TCN Partnership in CA, means I can't be admitted to it, which falls directly under their refund Policy stated if you don't get admitted to Nursing Program, TCN would refund you 100%.
- 0Oct 4, '12 by shannen396I just called TCN and was told basically that I can't cancel my contract, but can file a grievance with their board for review, so she is sending me that paperwork. She claims they are in talks with several Universities to set up a new contract, but can't obviously guarantee anything. I'm not sure what to do from here, but I do know that I no longer have faith in their program and want out. I already wasted a lot of time and $ and just want to go to my local community college now so it's more secure with clinicals and the program being around for many, many years. I just want my $10,400 back!!! :-(
- 0Oct 4, '12 by thunderstruck1397I'm in the same boat as you!! I allows them as well, basically it's just a letter to be sent to a particular address. You don't need to wait for their paperwork to do it. You can PM me for the address, and the contract does say they are NOT responsible for accreditation, as they are not a college/university. I'm not sure how others got their money back, but I hope it's the same situation for others in debt with TCN!!!
- 0Oct 4, '12 by shannen396I saw on another board that filing with the Attorney General in IN got them their $ back, so I am filing a complaint right now!! You can do it online, but I want to attach my contract and have a LONG explanation, so I am printing form and mailing it in. I also signed 2 change.org petitions out there! Go to change.org and search The College Network and sign too!
- 0Oct 5, '12 by paris13I appologize, I just saw you question. That phrase is on the back of the yellow or pink legal size paper titled The College Network, Inc. Lpn to BS in Nursing Purshase agreement. If you look on the back of it, on the middle, there is a paragraph titled Customized Study Materials Refund Policy. I referenced what is said there and stated that they are in direct breach of contract. Also wanted ot mention, yes, you might be able to get a refund back through complaint to Indiana Attorney General but be prepared to pay a hefty settlelment fee, from what my friend told me 2,000 from her 10,000 contract.
- 0Oct 12, '12 by puppskmmQuote from 2btru4uThe back of the TCN contract states if you are not accepted into the nursing program all youf funds will be refunded. Refer to the back of your TCN contract.I got an acceptance letter from ISU before this thing happened and I have been in touch with them, then last week, I recieved a check from ISU which corresponded to the admission fee that I paid (I am on the phase 2 of the program) so I guess that's it for the program with ISU. Then last Monday, I contacted TCN and spoke with Lorie, she was really helpful, I asked her regarding the consumer loan that I entered with TCN because I told her that since there is no program anymore, I would like to move on and I don't want any liabilities. I want the contract that I signed with TCN null and void because they will not be able to deliver what I have signed for. she then told me she needed to ask people responsible for those transactions and then she would call me before the week ends. Yesterday, I got a call from her and she told me that TCN will refund me everything that I have paid for so now, I am waiting for the bank statement to see a reversal of the charges that TCN made. I hope and pray that TCN will honor what they have said.
- 0Apr 27, '13 by shannen396Quote from babieruth28Never got my $ back and just received letter that government facilities will facilitate clinical's and only Southern California (L.A.) is ready to start back up... I still just want my $ back...Did you ever get your full refund?
I have been trying to get more information from people on the same boat as I am in. Did you ever get anywhere with this. I don't know what to do right now either.