Indiana State U LPN-BSN Online

  1. When I looked on their site, there are a few states that don't recognize their curriculum.

    South Carolina
    New York
    New Hampshire
    Rhode Island

    Pretty long list. I understand they don't recognize the curriculum (like Virginia and Excelsior). What I want to know is if you get licensure as an RN in an approved state can you later transfer? Say I get licensed in California and decide to relocate to New York, could I?
  2. Visit pacjeffery profile page

    About pacjeffery

    Joined: Jan '13; Posts: 149; Likes: 18


  3. by   JustBeachyNurse
    Likely no as they look at which program qualified you for initial licensure but you can always check with the BoN. CA is not accepting ISU's program as there is no CABRN approved CA school to provide clinical rotations and oversight.
  4. by   Guy in Babyland
    Yes, if you get a license in an approved state than you can apply for an endorsement to another state. Those states do not have an approved clinical sites for you to complete your degree in that state, so those states do not approve that program from students in their state to get a license in their state. CA did approve the program and then ISU lost their clinical school (Sonoma State) and now it is not approved. If ISU gets another approved clinical sites then CA will probably approve the program. For example, if you lived in Illinois. You went through the ISU LVN-BSN program and Illinois State University sponsored your clinical site (I don't know who sponsors the Illinois clinical sites). If Kansas accepts an on campus Indiana State degree and they accept Illinois State on campus degree (which includes the clinical sites you used), you would think that Kansas would have to accept your degree. Otherwise your online ISU BSN would be worth less than my on campus ISU BSN.
  5. by   Pixie.RN
    By the way, Virginia will accept Excelsior grads -- they just have to have 960 hours of time working as an RN in another state, and their licenses can be endorsed in.