Why isn't Indiana joining Compact?Register Today!
- by Town & Country Aug 28, '04Why isn't IN joining the rest of the compact states?
I wish they would hurry up, then cause I have an IN license...:hatparty:
- Aug 28, '04 by tonicareerIndiana is so behind the times of the other states it is ridiculous. No wonder we have a brain drain and are losing jobs to other countries. This state needs to wake up and smell the coffee!
- Aug 29, '04 by barb4575I plan to use my Indiana compact state license to work in another state in approximately one month. It is my understanding this was passed in April in the State of Indiana. However, I agree they are behind the times. Good luck in effecting change in your state.
- Aug 31, '04 by barb4575I wrote them and if they behave typically, they will respond after I move. The state I am moving to believes they are a compact state. What a mess.
Thank you so much,
- Aug 31, '04 by purplemaniaI am sure that your legislature has to be involved in laws governing professionals licensure. Are you a member of ANA? Your state chapter may already be actively lobbying for changes.
- Sep 1, '04 by barb4575The Board did email me and stated that this compact law did not pass in April. I know I read that it did either online or through their newspaper they sent to my home. I am very appreciative of Panda's response as I would have been in for a big surprise in one month. Where I applied, the DON also thought Indiana had passed this law. Communication remains a problem with the board here.
- Sep 3, '04 by SandraCVRNAnother problem with the original rules for Indiana in the compact where that it would only apply to you if you had an IN license and lived in IN. I live in IL so my IN license would only be valid in IN. This makes no sense to me.