St. Vincent'sRegister Today!
- by EMT2RN75 Jun 5, '06Hello all. I just recently got a job in the ER at St. Vincent's in Indianapolis. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the hospital? From what I know (and from what they are offering me) it sounds like it is going to be a GREAT opportunity.
I've worked in a small ER for the past 4 years as an EMT/ ER Tech and am a bit nervous about moving up to a much bigger ER. I would appreciate any information or tips anyone has.
- Apr 25, '07 by KacyLynnRNI have worked at St. Vincent's for almost 5 years and love it. It is a great place to work...the people are nice, there is a true family feeling there, and lots of opportunities if you want to go far. Good luck to you!
- Apr 28, '07 by incublissRNHello! I've worked at St. Vincent Indianapolis since I graduated in May 2006. I also have several other friends that work there. We all love it! Like the previous poster said, everyone is nice. The hospital has been very good to me.
I don't know anything specifically about the ER unfortunately.
- May 7, '07 by ewattsjti did a clinical rotation through st v in surgery as a student surgical technologist. it was a great place and the people were wonderful!!! i do not know about the er.
- Jun 6, '07 by Kidrn911I worked in the peds Er there. It was a great place to work.
- Jul 11, '07 by Diary/DairyI could not stand St. Vincent's - I felt overworked constantly!!! I worked on 2 units there and came near to having a nervous breakdown and/or killing myself because of all the negative feedback that I got. I live less than a mile from there and would never consider going back after all the bad things that happened to me there!Last edit by Diary/Dairy on Jul 11, '07 : Reason: spelling.
- Aug 3, '07 by stnceci'm getting ready to start working there as a new grad. can you say why you hated it? i've heard a lot of great things about it, but was just wondering your oppinion? thanks!
- Aug 3, '07 by Diary/DairyJust felt overworked constantly! On CVPV, had 8-10 patients a day sometimes with only an LPN, this went on for a year and then I transfered to ICU, same issues, no patients were ever a 1:1 and it was just too busy without appreciation from management.
- Aug 5, '07 by incublissRNI work in CVTR. I pick up time in ICU and it's ok. Not my favorite place. I HATE floating to CVPV. They are never adequately staffed. 3 South is rough too but at least they staff a little better. I think it just depends on what floor you're on.
- Aug 5, '07 by Diary/DairyWhat are the good floors there, in your opinion?? I seem to have not worked them!!