New Ivy Tech RN/LPN students for Jan 2011
- 0Oct 29, '10 by HopetohealHi Everyone,Just wanted to start a new post for all of us who just got in the program for this coming January. Would be great to chat with others about our experiences. Personally, I am excited, nervous, scared. Has anyone signed up for classes yet? If so what are you taking? Any advice will be greatly appreciated from those who have travelled this road before us. Am at the FW campus and would love to get to know some of my fellow classmates beforehand too.
- 0Oct 29, '10 by InfinisynthMadison student here, I signed up for classes yesterday. Orientation was Wednesday and we had some upperclassmen come in and give us some helpful study advice. I got my drug test done but still need to get the physical and vaccines etc. A friend of mine that's in the program recommended getting a good stethoscope so I purchased a Littmann master cardiologist from Amazon. It sucked spending all that $$$ but it will be a good investment. I am a little nervous about pharmacology class. During orientation they kept stressing how difficult that class is.
- 1Nov 3, '10 by travelcat18Hi and Congrats to you on getting in to the program! I started the ASN program this fall, so I'm almost through my first semester. It's been pretty tough, but my advice to you is to get organized right from the get-go...find a system that works for you. There will be stuff due at various dates for various classes and you don't want to miss anything. Also, I guarantee you will be overwhelmed at the amount of reading that is assigned to you...it's unreal...just find your niche and go with what works. I've found I don't need to read everything (mostly just skim and focus on parts I have trouble with). Also, my study habit of choice is to use flashcards. It helps me learn just by writing the info as I go, then going through the flashcards over and over.
- 0Nov 4, '10 by HopetohealThanks for the great advice, Travelcat! I keep hearing things about how difficult things are the first semester. My advisor said that it gets better after that. Still a little unsure of myself. Is there anything that you wished you would have brushed up on or reviewed before starting nursing program? Somehow I don't feel prepared for whats to come. Really feel silly to be doubting myself at this point but I realize now more than ever that eventually someones life may be in my hands. Wow!
- 1Nov 11, '10 by erimoj01Hey guys!! I will be an ASN student in Gary this January and am very excited to start but I am also scared!! I went to orientation on 11-8 but our classes were not in the system yet so I don't know what classes I will be taking yet. For now I am trying to get all the other stuff like the physical and shots done...but pfew, it's alot!!
- 0Nov 14, '10 by LuckyGirlSuzeHello Fellow Students! I'm starting in Jan at the Terre Haute campus. Our orientation is not until the second week in December because it took them so long to get the letters out! I am very nervous and very excited. I am not from the area so I don't know any of my classmates. Can't wait to meet everyone! I would love to find a serious study buddy early in the year so we can succeed together!
- 0Nov 21, '10 by ShquidlyI will be doing the LPN at the Bloomington campus in Jan. I have done my background check, drug test, and the first of my TB tests and I am signed up for all of my classes. From what my schedule looks like it seems like I am not going to be able to work very much but I guess that is for the best. I am super excited to begin! Good luck everyone!