Any Ivy Tech Indy students out there?
- 0Dec 9, '06 by Ceteris ParibusIf so do you have any advice for maximizing my experience there? Will be starting the ASN program in Jan.
- 2,220 Visits
- 0Dec 9, '06 by mnj0105What campus are you going to? I am wrapping up my first semester and have registered for spring. The best advice I can give you is to get great grades in your four pre req classes. If you do that and do well on your TEAS test, you will have a much better chance of getting into the program. Good luck! =)
- 0Jul 30, '07 by DannelbooQuote from Ceteris ParibusCeteris Paribus,If so do you have any advice for maximizing my experience there? Will be starting the ASN program in Jan.
HI, how is your experience going? I will be applying for the ASN in Indy here in a couple weeks to start in January. I am excited and hopeful! How do you like the program? How are the teachers? Hope all is going well for you!:spin:
- 0Aug 3, '07 by FlipitaLPNHey guys!
I graduated from Ivy Tech - Valpo in 2002 as an LPN. I am applying for the LPN to ASN program for this Spring. I take the TEAS test Wednesday and am so nervous - I didn't buy the study guide (I honestly don't have the money..... eat, or buy study guide....) and I'm afraid I'll bomb it. I've heard the program is extremely competetive. I'll be applying to both Lafayette and Valpo.
- 0Aug 3, '07 by Medsestra2008I wonder if it was as competitive in 2002 as it is today. How are you studying for TEAS? I took it once, after reviewing the Guide book and I believe you do not necessarily have to have this Guide to pass the exam, as long as you are preparing somehow else. Most of the stuff is from high school, I would even say everything is high school material. I scored the worst on the math part, even though I did excellent while practicing before the test, while I suprised myself with my physics and chemistry (I thought I would do worse). You get plenty of time on English part, but the time flies by when you take Math and Science parts. And by the way, I did not buy the Guide. Ivy Tech Indianapolis had it at the library. So I took it for a couple of weeks, and then ordered it for Indianapolis Public Library.
- 0Aug 3, '07 by DannelbooQuote from AnnaCAnna, I just applied for the ASN to start January 08....if I get in I will be looking to you for advice and info! Good luck!Guys, who already started Ivy Tech Nursing program-Indianapolis, please share your experience with those who are about to start. How intense is it? Which semester was the hardest? What did you do at your clinicals during the first semester? Etc..