Illinois RN's Unionized?Register Today!
- by CJH RN Jul 3, '06Hi All,
I am new to the site. I am an RN in Texas. My family is getting ready to relocate to East Peoria. I am curious if Illinois nurses are unionized. In Texas we aren't. Honestly, I don't even have a clue what it means to be in a union. Pro's, con's etc.. Just never had to deal with that. Thanks in advance,
- Jul 3, '06 by suebird3Some facilities are unionized, some aren't. I know of a few up in Northern Illinois who are, but no idea about the rest of the State.
- Jul 3, '06 by CJH RNThanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.:spin:
- Jul 3, '06 by rninmeWhen I left IL several years ago, the hospitals in the Peoria area were not union. There was some talk about trying to unionize @ SJH in Springfield, but I think that was defeated. Word of advice...this is just my own humble opinion...LOL....apply @ Proctor Hospital in Peoria...nice place, great people to work with....we used to call it the country club hospital...they are VERY good to their employees!! Good luck!
- Jul 3, '06 by JolieThere is no state-wide union for nurses, but some hospitals have unions. Check with the facilities that interest you. Good luck with your move!