Best Chicago Area HospitalsRegister Today!
- by ahammer Mar 6, '11Hello everyone,
I am thinking of possibly relocating to Chicago this summer and was wondering if any of you, Chicago nurses, might be able to tell me which the better hospitals in Chicago are, as far as quality patient care, pay, etc. I have been a nurse for almost a year and am currently working in a Magnet hospital in Oklahoma City and would prefer to work again in a Magnet hospital. However, if you work at or know of a good "non-magnet" hospital, please don't hesitate to let me know. I appreciate all of your input in advance.
- 6,846 Views
- Mar 6, '11 by Juwontry Rush, its located in the medical district in chicago. Its a magnet hospital that is very nice.
- Mar 6, '11 by netglowDo not move until you have a job secured!!!
- Mar 6, '11 by ServingshotsRush is a magnet also christ hospital just recently obtained magnet status. Like the above poster said don't Move until you have secured a job!! Good luck!
- Mar 6, '11 by rn undisclosed nameSome other magnet hospitals include Loyola, Northwestern, University of Chicago, and Good Samaritan (Downers Grove). I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now. Rush and Christ only hire BSNs.
ETA: I'm not sure why you're thinking of relocating to Chicago, but, the job market is not the best right now. Maybe research a little further and definitely make sure you have a job lined up before you move.
- The job market is not the best in Oklahoma city either, at the moment. I would definitely wait on taking the plundge until I had a secured job. I just wanted to know where to start looking, so I appreciate everyone's opinion.
- Bah, can't Pm yet. Can you just throw in a name and don't claim to be associated with the hospital? :P
- Well, it's a family thing...but it is good to know that the job market is not exactly hopping in Chicago either. I guess the economy is effecting all of us...
- Mar 17, '11 by jessm215I am not a nurse but know of nurses who work for Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield, IL it is a suburb of Chicago (about 45 mins out). I've heard only good things from there.