Any LPN programs in Illinois?Register Today!
- by candyjacks Jun 2, '06I wasn't sure if there were LPN programs in Illinois...Do they offer any at the hospitals or just the colleges? Where? Thanks for any direction on this.Last edit by suebird3 on Jun 2, '06 : Reason: duplicate posts
- Jun 2, '06 by suebird3Welcome to allnurses.com!
Many of the LPN Programs are at the Community College level. I know of a few in the North part of the state.
- Jun 2, '06 by candyjacksCan you name some colleges? I'm not from Illinois...Thanks!
- Jun 2, '06 by suebird3Off the top of my noggin, Joliet Junior College, Kankakee Community College....the Chicago City Colleges....
Here is a link to other schools:
SuebirdLast edit by suebird3 on Jun 2, '06
- Jun 3, '06 by MarzIllinois Valley Community College in Oglesby has an LPN program...basically you take 1st year of the ADN and then it's a summer course. I took the course before coming back in the fall for the 2nd yr of ADN. It was nice because then I could sit for boards and see what it was like and work as an LPN almost a whole year before getting my RN the following May.
- Jun 4, '06 by valifayWhat part of IL are you in? There are several schools that offer LPN programs here...
- Jun 8, '06 by candyjacksI'm in Indiana and trying to find a school near Danville for the LPN program.
- Jun 9, '06 by flowerchickI'm not sure where Danville is, but Triton Community College in River Grove IL has one.
- Jun 10, '06 by loridooLake Land College in Mattoon (central IL) has an LPN program.
- Jun 15, '06 by hrslvr1970Hello, Springfield, IL has Capital Area School of Practical Nursing. I'm enrolled for the fall class. It's just 9 months long. Anyone else familiar with this school?