2013 niu nursing students (prospective!) - page 7
by Meg1992 | 10,876 Views | 71 Comments
Hello there! I am a prospective NIU Nursing student! I currently have a 3.9 GPA and I got a 110 on the Accuplacer... I have gotten into all my other schools like AU, Bradley, Western IL, Saint Xavier, but I sit here waiting on... Read More
- 0Apr 19, '13 by Ashley1010Lacie, the same thing happened to me. I didn't have any health problems (other than just being 18 and an idiot) but I went to DePaul for a year, and did really poorly. Since I've been back in school (I'm 26 now) I have a 4.0, but my DePaul transcripts brough it down to a 3.2. It really doesn't seem fair to be judging someone on something that happened so long ago. Good luck, and I hope you can appeal!
- 1Apr 20, '13 by TeeanneGot my letter today! Fall 2013. I figured with so many applicants, because I am doing 2 prereqs now and still have a&p 2 in the summer, that if I did get in, I'd probably get pushed off until spring. So definitely very surprised.
Good luck to everyone! Just knowing one way or the other is a big relief, to start making plans.
- 0Apr 20, '13 by ReneRTeeanne, I remember you on the Aurora University discussion board. Have you chosen to accept entrance into NIU or Aurora if you don't mind me asking? I got my letter today from NIU and have been accepted too. It's a very hard decision to make and wondering why you would chose one over the other.
- 0Apr 20, '13 by Nurse_JessicaBQuote from ReneRI just wanted to say I went to AU for my biology degree! I loved that school! Heard the nursing program was great but that was over 5 years ago that I went there.Teeanne, I remember you on the Aurora University discussion board. Have you chosen to accept entrance into NIU or Aurora if you don't mind me asking? I got my letter today from NIU and have been accepted too. It's a very hard decision to make and wondering why you would chose one over the other.
- 0Apr 20, '13 by ReneRThanks jessieleb, I went back and re-looked at everything. Aurora has a much higher pass rate for the nursing state boards, which to me means that they have a better program. So, I am going to stick with my decision and go to Aurora and deny entrance into NIU. That will open up at least one spot on their waiting list.
- 0Jan 3 by Aspiringnurse13Lacie1221,
Hello. It seems that we may have the same issue. Right now I am applying at NIU. Admissions was asking for my transcript from 20 yrs ago from another country. I am wondering what happened to your application and they ever gave you a special consideration.
I hope you reply on this I need to hear from you