2013 niu nursing students (prospective!) - Page 7Register Today!
- Apr 19 by Ashley1010Lacie, the same thing happened to me. I didn't have any health problems (other than just being 18 and an idiot) but I went to DePaul for a year, and did really poorly. Since I've been back in school (I'm 26 now) I have a 4.0, but my DePaul transcripts brough it down to a 3.2. It really doesn't seem fair to be judging someone on something that happened so long ago. Good luck, and I hope you can appeal!
- Apr 20 by TeeanneGot my letter today! Fall 2013. I figured with so many applicants, because I am doing 2 prereqs now and still have a&p 2 in the summer, that if I did get in, I'd probably get pushed off until spring. So definitely very surprised.
Good luck to everyone! Just knowing one way or the other is a big relief, to start making plans.
- Apr 20 by Meg1992Im in!!!!! Could not be more excited! So happy hard work paid off! good luck to everyone!
- Apr 20 by Ashley1010I got in, but I'm pushed off until Spring :-( I don't understand why. I have all my prereq's and gen ed's done. I've got nothing to do for the fall semester.
- Apr 20 by ReneRTeeanne, I remember you on the Aurora University discussion board. Have you chosen to accept entrance into NIU or Aurora if you don't mind me asking? I got my letter today from NIU and have been accepted too. It's a very hard decision to make and wondering why you would chose one over the other.
- Apr 20 by PrincessFutureRNQuote from ReneRI just wanted to say I went to AU for my biology degree! I loved that school! Heard the nursing program was great but that was over 5 years ago that I went there.Teeanne, I remember you on the Aurora University discussion board. Have you chosen to accept entrance into NIU or Aurora if you don't mind me asking? I got my letter today from NIU and have been accepted too. It's a very hard decision to make and wondering why you would chose one over the other.
- Apr 20 by ReneRThanks jessieleb, I went back and re-looked at everything. Aurora has a much higher pass rate for the nursing state boards, which to me means that they have a better program. So, I am going to stick with my decision and go to Aurora and deny entrance into NIU. That will open up at least one spot on their waiting list.
- Apr 20 by Suey816I didn't get in! That's okay though, I have a B.S. already so its not the end of the world for me, it just wasn't meant to be - I need to save that student loan $$ anyway and just pay off the ones I have