Hiring freeze in Boise and surrounding areasRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Hiring freeze in Boise and surrounding areas in Idaho Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I have heard that the two large Boise Hospitals are not hiring new nurses? Is this true? This after...by milliern Jan 5, '09I have heard that the two large Boise Hospitals are not hiring new nurses? Is this true? This after the Nampa hospital has supposedly let some nurses go.
I am stressing about what this means, as I am set to graduate as an RN soon. Any advise from Idaho nurses who are working in the area hospitals? I'm really concerned about paying my loans off and supporting my family! Yikes!
Thanks for your thoughts!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=359991©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,160 Views
- Jan 10, '09 by ColoradoRN26I have not experienced a hiring freeze in Boise. I graduated last month and I was hired for a new graduate position that starts in February. I know that both St. Lukes and St. Als hire new graduates...
- Feb 9, '09 by hjohnson14It is not necessarily a lack of hiring new grads. The job market is dwindling and with the downturn of the economy "retired" nurses are headed back to the market also. So the demand for jobs is higher and there are less jobs open out there. Keep your head up and keep trying. Good luck!
- Feb 11, '09 by OtessaThe hospital where I used to work in Boise ( I have moved out of state-but look at the website) had less than 6 RN openings when I last checked.
- Feb 12, '09 by caringchicI worked at both area hospitals in Boise! I highly recommend SLRMC! It is a great hospital and they totally support new grads, lots of education opportunities! However, I was forced to move out of the Treasure Valley d/t the economic "downturn". I know that SLRMC has laid off several people in various depts. I also check the website frequently and there were TWO positions open for RN's last week. Mercy laid of 70 nurses and there float pool no longer exsists. I know that SARMC, has "restructred" there nursing model and fewer nurses were going to be hired! Sluggish economy for sure, be careful!
- Mar 10, '09 by tkaneI know here in Idaho Falls EIRMC has put on a hiring freeze. There are no nursing jobs in this area. It's tough right now & we have 3 RN programs & 2 LPN programs in the area & not enough jobs.