RN supervisory visit Frequency?Register Today!
- by new2hospiceRN Jun 27, '07Does anyone know the reg on how often an RN has to supervise an LVN and HHA in Texas according to Medicare Hospice Benifit guidelines?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=232844©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 12,890 Views
- Jun 28, '07 by doodlemomEvery 14 days is a Medicare requirement nationwide for RN's to make a supervisory visit with CNA's. I don't think there is a requirement for LVN's, but it is required that pt's be seen by the RN at least every 14 days. We use LVN's so infrequently and only for occasional visits when someone is out sick or on vacation.
- Jun 28, '07 by dosamigos76Once every two weeks is my understanding here in TX. I don't know if it is q 14 days or q 2 weeks. HTH.
- Jun 28, '07 by aimeeeIts a Medicare Condition of Participation that an RN must assess the patient and address the care plan with the IDT every 2 weeks.
- Jun 28, '07 by new2hospiceRNThanks again. I just started using an LVN this week. What a lifesaver good help is. I think every 2 weeks is perfect. I will still be able to check in and stay aware of changes in the pts condition. I have been the only one seeing the pts, so I am nervous about being out of the loop. This way I will still be in the field and able to manage the pts care. A nice mix. It will take me time to trust my LVN's judgement, but so far she has been good at calling me with report.
- Jun 30, '07 by a21chdchicFYI - Medicare regs are federal regs, so the rules are the same in
TX as they are everywhere else in USA. Q2 weeks for both LPN/LVN and CNA's.
- Mar 21, '11 by Nancy the Nosy NurseSo the criteria is for the pt to be monitored by the RN, not Supervised visits? Or is that in addition...
- Mar 22, '11 by okielpn75Please tell the above to the RN's at my company as they go months without putting eyes on my patients!
- Mar 22, '11 by tewdlesHospice patients MUST be assessed by an RN at least once every 2 weeks...if they are not your agency is out of compliance with medicare regulations.
- Mar 22, '11 by okielpn75This I know....but how do I as an LPN supervise an RN? The RN's with our company are TERRIBLE...I keep waiting for the surveyors. Its very frustrating because at this time they are also asking the LPN's to do baths as the HHA are "full"....hmmmm...INTERESTING!