average pay for a hospice lvn?Register Today!
This is a discussion on average pay for a hospice lvn? in Hospice Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I was offered a job doing home hospice. I was told I would be paid about $20 a visit or hour. I...by cawkazn Feb 8I was offered a job doing home hospice. I was told I would be paid about $20 a visit or hour. I cant remember exactly. I told a friend of mine and he said hospice nurses should be getting paid more around $30. can anyone clear this up for me.
This is for the southern california area. thanks.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=814371©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,068 Views
- Feb 10 by Shugar413It really depends... it's more like $22-25/hr plus mileage actually & not per visit coz there's many times you may spend more than an hour to coordinate pt care with all disciples involved i.e calling MD to give status report (to obtain Rx or titrate according to pt's response to meds), MSW, Chaplain, pharmacies to refill/order their needed meds, DME companies for equipments pt may need & others. A big company may offer a higher rate though so scout around. Good luck!
- Feb 10 by MomRN0913I'm an RN in NJ with 7 years nursing experience and I only make $32
- Feb 10 by cawkaznyeah but were talking about california. cost of living etc is much higher here then most states. Most RN here are getting paid around $30 fresh out of school
- Feb 10 by kat7464I don't think that it's a good idea for you to be fishing around for salary comps. The bottom line is, this is what you are being offered and is it a wage you can live on? If, in your heart, you feel it is unjustified, go ahead and fight for more. But remember, hospice is not a profitable business. Hospitals are looking at their bottom line. If you want top dollar, this is not your best choice of jobs. Be thankful, as a LVN you are getting hospice experience :-)
- Feb 10 by MomRN0913I'm outside of NYC, we are pretty comparable to CA, our cost of living is ridiculous. My point is HH/ hospice doesn't pay all that much. New grads in the hospital here are being offered about $30.
- Feb 11 by cawkaznand you are talking RN right? if so I guess $20 is fair.
- Feb 11 by MomRN0913Yup. I'm an rn. I think the field just doesn't pay much. Maybe go for about $2 / fr if you can.