What is your average case load for Home Health nurses?Register Today!
- by allyira Jul 23, '10I was just wondering what an average case load is for HH nurses. Would do all OASIS visits for your team? usually one- two visits a week type of patients. Any ideas?
- Jul 24, '10 by caliotter3Most people will say that 5-6 visits/day is a good situation, maybe 7 depending on types of visits. And of course, driving time/distance plays a part in this too.
- Jul 24, '10 by cathrn645-6 "regular" visits a day is about average in my area. I occasionally see 7, but prefer 5-6 a day. SOC's count as 2 ROC;s and recerts count as 1.5.
- Jul 24, '10 by Abbies5 routine or 2 starts on a good day
- Jul 25, '10 by allyiraThanks this helps a lot!
- Jul 26, '10 by allyiraCan you please tell me how many patient you have on your team/ roster?
- Jul 26, '10 by berubeat our agency the RN carries a caseload of anywhere from 20 - 30 pts,,,,averaging 7-9 visits/daily,
if we have any help we then can give up a visit or two otherwise we do it ourselves.
- Jul 27, '10 by KateRN1Unfortunately, right now my two full-time RNs have a case management load of 40-50 patients each, about a third of which are therapy-only, no no nursing revists, aside from the 1M2 for 30-day summaries. Ideally, I would like that to be 40 maximum, but don't see that happening in the near future.
- Jul 28, '10 by berubeQuote from KateRN1i guess we are lucky,,,our PT only cases are opened and maintained by PT.Unfortunately, right now my two full-time RNs have a case management load of 40-50 patients each, about a third of which are therapy-only, no no nursing revists, aside from the 1M2 for 30-day summaries. Ideally, I would like that to be 40 maximum, but don't see that happening in the near future.
- Feb 18, '12 by AKRAZYRNMy liscence is not in jepordy. McDonalds I don't think so.
As a field nurse we are responsible for everything. Creating Oasis, coding it, submitting additional forms to Insurance carriers for additional visits, documenting every phone call, ordering supplies, checking insurance deductables. photographing wounds. Creating wound orders.
I have been in home care for 17 years. First time I have never seen the office staff do nothing.
A SOC OASIS CAN TAKE NEAR 2-3 HOURS DEPENDING ON AMOUNT OF WOUNDS AND MEDS.
MY TURF IS IN A NEIGHBORHOOD WHERE HOMES ARE RIDDLED WITH BUGS, GUNSHOTS DAILY AND NEED TO GET IN AND OUT.