Tired HH nurse - page 2
Hi everyone , please share your thoughts about this. I love HH and have been doing it 13 years. I did pt care, management,QA, now back in the field. I feel like I have achieved nothing and wasted a lot of time and money too. I... Read More
- 0Jan 27, '13 by KellT1203Wow!!! I can't believe what I am hearing. I have been with my HHA for 11 months and love it. I occasionally work a Saturday if there is an emergency or something but I tend to see those patients who are super close to my home. I have to say my agency has it's ups and downs but from the sounds of it I am very fortunate.
I work for a rather small but growing agency in Oregon. We have 3 RN case managers and 1 LPN at this time. Training another LPN and we are in the process of getting the go ahead for hospice, which means we will eventually need more nurses!!!
But I have to say I do not have it as bad as you ladies do. Good luck with everything.
- 0Jan 27, '13 by mclennanI tried HH for 3 months and quit. I worked 7 days a week, all day and evening, didn't get paid mileage and had to buy all my own gear and supplies. This is in Los Angeles and it was brutal on my car. Getting anywhere here takes an hour or more. I was appalled at the Medicare scamming I saw going on and the sheer unprofessionalism. Never again.
- 0Jan 28, '13 by RN*mommyI am so glad I found this post! I took a temporary prn hh job and I've been struggling. I love going into the home and doing my thing, but my issue is making the appointments. People don't answer the phone, aren't where they are supposed to be at the scheduled appointment time, then call the agency and lie. In a few short months I've determined that this isn't the job for me, yet I made a commitment until the end of March and I'll stay with it. Reading about all your strife makes me realize I don't want to delve deeper into this aspect of nursing at all. I think when March comes and if I'm offered an opportunity to stay on I will politely decline and look for greener pastures. Thanks for sharing!
- 0Feb 18, '13 by peanuts16I have been in hh for 5 yrs. Management is awful. Our road nurses are great. We work our a@@$# off. We are written up for anything & everything. The management has our passwords to our computers therefore can change our charting at anytime if they want. Our don is not even a RN. I have never been so miserable in my life. Interviewing for other jobs, on call is horrible, there are 6 RNs in the office that are busy planning parties for the office, shopping on line, finding ways for the road nurses to miserable. I HATE HH!
- 0Feb 24, '13 by lradleyI have been in home care for 15 years. I used to love it, but all these responses sound very familiar. I've worked as case manager and clinical supervisor until I just couldn't do it anymore. I ended up quitting my job with the CHAA, and getting a job with the VA in their home care dept. I love homecare again! It's so less stressful, the worst part of my job now is all the driving.