How do I get the first referral to my new homecare agency?
- 0Jan 8, '13 by karangwaI just got the license in mail today for my homecare agency.I have been working in homecare for 4 years as field nurse (never in management). I know for I will be taking strictly private pay for now as I am not yet medicare certified (I applied). I am open to do skilled nursing services,HHA,Homemaking. Any idea on how can I get that first patient? Thanks for your help.
P/S feel free to use my private email: email@example.com
- 1Jan 12, '13 by NedRNIt is hard to compete with horizontal integration from the local monopoly! Are there other home health companies in the area? See what you can learn about how they acquire clients. Google home health "your area" and see if ads pop up. Either way, consider a web page for yourself and using Google AdWords to drive traffic. Then when anyone does the search mentioned above, your name will come up. Get creative. Visit support groups and pass out business cards. Social workers could be a great source of referrals.
- 0Feb 3, '13 by Designer NPCongratulations on your new business!
I too have gone into business for myself and know that marketing yourself can be difficult.
I specialize in marketing consultation & copywriting services. I have worked with other fellow nurses venturing in home health. PM me if you would like more info.
- 1Feb 5, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RNCall up the local senior centers in all your surrounding towns and ask if you can come and speak to one of their meetings. They're always looking for speakers to present to the Friday Lunch Group, or some such. Bring lots of your cards and brochures.
Ask the local elder law attorneys if you can put brochures in their lobbies or conference rooms. Many have a rack of such services for their clients to browse.
Also try to hook up with the local CMSA chapter (Case Management Society of America). Many CMs do discharge planning in hospitals and may be willing to give you a few referrals. You can do an lunch-and-learn inservice for the discharge planning departments, too. Bring pizza.
- 0Feb 7, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RNQuote from karangwaThe link took me to my own profile page Sent you a PM.Thank youGrntea,
Can I talk to you in private? (email or phone) You have great ideas.
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may not have enough posts to send PMs yet -- I think the minimum is 15 -- so if you can't PM me we'll have to do it here (it's not advisable to give out private email addresses). What do you want to know?