Colon HydrotherapyRegister Today!
- by Nuna Jun 24, '05Any nurses out there using colon hydrotherapy (i.e. administering colonics) as a part of their nursing practice? If so, what type of practice do you have? Can anyone who knows colon hydrotherapy tell me the difference in cleansing the colon using hydrotherapy and cleansing the colon using a standard "pre-colonoscopy" cleansing protocol?
Thanks in advance for your response.
- Jul 16, '05 by CharlieRNThe only experience I have with this recently was an ad I saw for a female RN offering such therapy. It appeared clear from the ad that she was offering enemas with a "kinky sex" garnish.
Yes it was in my local area. We New Englanders are such staid and proper folks.
- Jul 16, '05 by renerianI did take an elective class in this for my Masters course and it was gross and I am hard to gross out. Way to many pics of feces......
- Jul 16, '05 by traumaRUsI fail to see the scientific efficacy of this practice. I doubt this is evidence-based and the metabolic imbalances could well prove fatal. Not something I want to be involved with.
- Jul 17, '05 by CharlieRNMay I direct the attention of my collegues to the ads that have appeared at the bottom of this page?Last edit by CharlieRN on Jul 18, '05
- Jul 17, '05 by traumaRUsYou are right Charlie - although "Yuck" would be my word.
- Nov 24, '08 by suzy253The OP posted this question in 2005.