My study guide for HESI -passed on first try! - page 7
by sisph | 484,319 Views | 66 Comments
I have done a lot of research on HESI through the internet and taught myself (through the HESI book, Saunders Questions, course reviews dealing specifically with critical thinking) how to answer questions and came up with this... Read More
- 0Jul 22, '12 by destinedtobeasisph, Great...Awesome post. In the Fall I will be in my final semester of nursing school. After my second semester we took the HESI exam (expectation score is of 850) and I scored a 936. I just pray this is a good indication of my success on the NCLEX exam after I finish school. The tips and examples you posted are super!!! I will now look at the nursing questions with a more critical and keen eye. I appreciate this information and I am looking forward to my final semester. Absolutely Awesome Post! Bookmark is a must.
- 0Aug 4, '12 by alunchikHello, Sisph
It's been 3years since your first post about this topic, but even now its very helpful.
I am starting a nursing school fall 2012, and glad i found all this helpful information, so i will hopefully be prepared!Thank you for your time and for thinking about other people!
Does anyone know what study guide we can use to help in preparing for HESI tests? for 1st semester?
- 0May 13 by drivenforsuccessI brought this book because I kept getting under an 800 on the individual topic exams, so I decided to buy the book to raise my score. I studied since day 1. There wasn't any multiple choice questions at the end of the book only really easy written questions. I went online to gain online access to the multiple choice: 1. The questions were fair and understandable. 2. It is general Medical Surgical questions not specific such as Endocrines, Cardio & etc 3. The study mode questions are EXACTLY the same as the exam mode
So basically you don't really know if you are improving or not
I went to finally take the HESI exam after so much reading and studying. I did worst then I ever did an any HESI exam before. Please do not waste your money. Evolve is just another money hungry company that made their way into nursing programs just to get a check because now nursing programs are using these exams as part of your grade.
- 0Jul 2 by startingovragaini have access to, but never used evolve... i heard great things about it, though. true or not, isn't the reason of my posting. i managed to get the minimum required score without reviewing. i studied my ass off for other specialty HESI exams and failed them all... not sure what happened here.
i am a 2014 spring graduate, if it matters any. (yes... i am done with nursing school... for now)
test taking strategies triumphed over content here...Last edit by Esme12 on Jul 3
- 0Aug 27 by tnurselpnThis is so interesting .. I have challenged my Specialty Fundamentals in the beginning of my class being in fundamentals for 2 weeks only. "No preparation or anything". Oh my goodness I was so nervous you can see my heart beat pounding through my shirt. It counted 6% of our grade. I believe it was a great assessment to see where my weak and strong points are. This is a assessment to ensure where I need to be and work on. I scored 739%, my instructor said that is a good score due to Just the beginning, My actual Exit Hesi Fundamentals test is 8 weeks from now. Need some advice in how to excel and pass.