When do you work out?Register Today!
- by SionainnRN Dec 30, '12Since it's that time of the year again, where people make resolutions and all that, I'd like to get some feedback from other nurses. I work nights and I'm trying to figure out when is the best time to work out. I'm very lucky to have a 24/hour gym just 4 miles down the road. I know a lot of people say not to work out on days they work, but I think working out at least every other day helps get you into a routine. So fellow nurses, when do you work out?
- Dec 31, '12 by mtsteelhorseI try to work out after work early evening. If I don't exercise I am NOT a happy person. Now that it's winter skiing counts as one of my workout days...I'll hit the gym at least 4 days/week. New year...fresh start. If I worked nights I'd go right after work for 30 mins then jacuzzi or steam, shower...bed.
- Dec 31, '12 by CauliflowerI work night shift, so I usually go for a run b/w the time i wake up and have to go to work. I often skip it on the days of my 2nd and 3rd shifts b/c sleep is more important to me
- Jan 1 by anotheronewhen i wake up in the evenings on days off. and early morning before going to sleep on the day of my first day (night) on at around 5-7am. not as much as i woukd like as i do not have a 24hr gym anywhere near me and it is too dark , snowy and icy to go walk or run outside. so when i go to the gym , i try to work out at a minimum 1.5 hrs of cardio
- Jan 1 by SionainnRNThanks for the replies, great ideas on when to work out!!
- Jan 5 by jennilynnIn the morning of my first night back, every day when I am off, the evening after sleeping my last night.