I don't want to be a nurse anymore!Register Today!
- by LTCnurse11 Feb 3I'm feeling so tired out lately. I am training full time in a new department that will eventually be part time. I totally love my job!!!! My problem is that I have 2 other part time jobs plus ambulance call time. I'm on the verge of quitting one but my husband would freak. What can I do? I'm so stressed out!!!!
- Feb 3 by mesa1979Hon, you must take care of yourself! Why are you working like this? Is your husband not able to work?
- Feb 3 by Little_MouseSounds like there's a lot on your plate! Is it possible to resign from on of the jobs (like maybe the on call ambulance?) or least per diem in one or two of the part time jobs? Because you said you "love your job" I suspect you dont actually want to leave the field, but rather have waaaay too much going on right now.
- Feb 4 by LadyFree28That means you would have 3 jobs...you are heading towards a serious breakdown...
Why would your husband freak??? I don't understand if you are having a tough time emotionally and burn out and are left with NO jobs and NO income would it be beneficial to anyone.
I don't know your situation, honestly, but you really need to plan out if you can cut out one of the part time jobs. Look at your expenses, look to see what budget you need for food, utilities, etc. Maybe remove your house phone if you have a cell phone. There are ways to tighten your budget while working. If you are going to be full time, then there may be a rough patch, but you are going to have to give up one job tegardless.
- Feb 7 by LTCnurse11I'm better today. Just waiting to get a more regular position. Lets pray one opens soon and I get more hours!!
- Feb 8 by LadyFree28Glad to hear that!!! Sending positive vibes that you land this position!!!
- Feb 13 by h.derek65Sorry for that but I don't like your thinking because if every nurses thinking same than what happen. I think this is a great job to help humanity and don't dis heart about your duty. I really respect this professional.
- Feb 13 by mesa1979Quote from h.derek65Are you a Nurse? Your comments are very insensitive!Sorry for that but I don't like your thinking because if every nurses thinking same than what happen. I think this is a great job to help humanity and don't dis heart about your duty. I really respect this professional.
- Feb 17 by LTCnurse11Quote from h.derek65Seriously I'm not sure how my complaining about my bad day makes me disrespectful to the service I do for others. Are you yet a nurse? Are you a student? Have you had the chance to work as a nurse or have clinicals in the field? And if you are a nurse, do you work in one field of nursing or do you do more than one type of nursing job? Because all of those things make a difference. And I DO respect my profession. Not only am I a nurse but an EMT as well and could not be more proud.Sorry for that but I don't like your thinking because if every nurses thinking same than what happen. I think this is a great job to help humanity and don't dis heart about your duty. I really respect this professional.
- Feb 17 by LadyFree28I'm ignoring that post from above...OBVIOUSLY, this person is ignorant of RANTING as a form of coping through stressful times...smh...
OP, I hope all is well, sending positive vibes for you~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy your week!