Exercise and Stress - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 21, '07 by VivaLasViejasGardening works like a charm for me. It's not "make-work" exercise, which I hate with a passion; not only do I get a great whole-body workout, I'm actually creating a thing of beauty, and that too is stress-reducing.:spin:
- Jun 21, '07 by RGN1I agree that exercise is a great stress reliever. often when I go I really have to drag myself there but afterwards I'm buzzing! It's also done wonders for my waistline too!
- Jul 4, '07 by MikeyJI run 4 nights a week (3 - 5 miles a night) and do very long runs on Sunday mornings (~ 10 miles) and I must say that I am the happiest, most chipper, and most optimistic person you will ever encounter! I wake up with a smile on my face, never frown during the day, and fall asleep with a smile on my face. I am incredily happy to be living and look forward to each and every day!
And I attribute it all to exercising. Before I started running, I was still a very optimistic person and incredily content in life... but I found myself to be down and depressed quite often.
I am still young, just started nursing school and I am sooooo excited to get a running start in life. I have probably 60 or 70 years ahead of me and can't wait to see what life throws my way!
- Jul 30, '07 by sticknurseabsolutely, I know it's worked for me. Knowing I've "fixed" or "nurtured" my body helps my confidence and thinking is enhanced. I was in the military for four years, when I went in the pt part was something I dreaded, I had never been very active, but I realized when I did pt, about an hour later (after the sweat and nausea passed) I felt like I could take on the world. It's pretty cool to feel like that. Good for you. Keep it up and it will benefit you in a million ways.
- Aug 11, '07 by Nurses Self CareYes agree with you all
Exercise certainly figures prominently in my life; not always the case
Guess you live and learn what works for you
I walk a lot
and yoga which gets me out of my head, being the thinker I am I can overthink which is next to impossible to do on a yoga mat, really helps with that mind body connection not to mention a sense of calmness and oh yes - the flexibility!!
- Aug 23, '07 by tinktinkYes, I totally agree. Excercise is the best medicine for so many different illness. I feel so much better after I have excercised. My mood is better and I have so much more energy!!!!!